Buffing acrylics vs polishing them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penn

Reaction score
What advice do you all have for making brilliantly shiny acrylic enhancements? Most technicians around me just polish with gel top coat, instead of buffing the enhancements to a shine. It seems preferable to just buff them to me, to avoid the added product, but when I try to buff acrylic enhancements it takes a lot of work, and I tend to end up needing to buff the nail longer than I'd like, creating more heat than I'd like to on a client's hand.

What advice do you all have for buffing acrylics with less work, or should I just give in to the gel trend and start doing it that way?

(Also, thank you all so much. I've learned so much from all of you.)

I think natural buffed enhancements look beautiful and natural, far more so than gel, even though I use both methods.

The best thing you can do to speed things up it get yourself a quality buffer. Remember to work your way through the grits so the file gets gradually finer and finer until you're at the buffer. When I do this it takes maybe a minute or two at the most longer than a gel top coat so it's not long.

Which buffer do you use? I use the CND glossing block and it doesn't take me longer than 30 seconds each nail

Which buffer do you use? I use the CND glossing block and it doesn't take me longer than 30 seconds each nail
I use a white block buffer, and then a simple three way one, but it seems to take ages. Maybe I just need to practice more. Probably that.

Latest posts

Back