Buffing, files and some questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo1

Reaction score
To finish of a set of l&p I use my hotshot to file shape etc.. Then used a orange block, blue block, girlfriend buffer and glossing block from cnd, so a lot of buffing, what do you use?

After each client do I sanitise or use new files? Would cost me a lot though with all the different files/ buffers I use. What do you do? Now and again I have caught the skin with my hotshot so get rid of that incase of blood. But what about the buffers?

Today when I rebalanced I filed off lifting and old White, scrub freshed then reaplied the White, when it dried it went yellow, was back to White once filed, but why would it have gone yellow? Only happened on a couple of nails.

If you do a set and the client calls to say a nail has broken do you charge for that even if it's happened the next day after you put the set on?

Sorry for so many questions

thanks, Faye

I don't use L&P so cant comment on why its went yellow...but i use a new file for re-balances and a used file thats been sanitised for new sets. Reason being that there is more filing involved in a re balance and i want a file thats new to get the job done.

There is nothing wrong in re-using a file as long as its been sanitised (i remove dust and spray with Chlor-i-spray).

To finish of a set of l&p I use my hotshot to file shape etc.. Then used a orange block, blue block, girlfriend buffer and glossing block from cnd, so a lot of buffing, what do you use?
Ezflow files and Mundo.

After each client do I sanitise or use new files? Would cost me a lot though with all the different files/ buffers I use. What do you do? Now and again I have caught the skin with my hotshot so get rid of that incase of blood. But what about the buffers?
Yes definately sanitise after EVERY client.
If your files have been exposed to any substance such as blood they need to be thrown away.

Today when I rebalanced I filed off lifting and old White, scrub freshed then reaplied the White, when it dried it went yellow, was back to White once filed, but why would it have gone yellow? Only happened on a couple of nails.
I don't use Creative so can't answer that one mate x

If you do a set and the client calls to say a nail has broken do you charge for that even if it's happened the next day after you put the set on?
Always...otherwise it is taken as red that you DO NOT charge for repairs

Sorry for so many questions

No worries hun and good luck x

thanks, Faye

Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back