Burning/hurting while using e-file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGlam08

Reaction score
I never use a drill on the natural nails, whether it be when I am prepping for a full set or for a fill. I have a fairly new client who has, in the past, got her nails done at "chop shops". Today when she came in, we were going to soak off for a new set.. So I was drilling the acrylic a bit, to thin it down a little before soaking, and she said it was burning a little. I applied no pressure and I continuously keep the drill bit moving. I have never ever had a customer complaining about me burning/hurting their nails. So, I stopped filing and just soaked the nails off. All of her nail beds looked a tiny bit pink and I didn't even use the efile on all of them. Why could her nails be so tender and pink? Is there anything I am doing wrong?

It sounds like she has had her natural nails e-filed many times before and this has left them tender and very sensitive.
Next time you see her, ask her if the last salon/tech used the e-file on her natural nail to either prep or fully remove product.
Educate her that this is not the norm and the pain will improve in a shirt while. Educate her that you only ever use the e-file to remove bulk and you never go near the natural nail and that this is a common practice and it should never hurt because at no time is the e-file filing straight on natural nail, it's only filing on product.
Build her trust and I'm sure she will fine with you using your e-file once her sensitivity has all gone.

You have done nothing wrong, it was just one of those things where you were left with the aftermath of a bad techs work, that's all.

Latest posts

Back