Business in a council/housing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would someone who is eligible to claim housing benefit or tax credits not have public liability??? Talk about stereotyping people!!

Why on earth would someone who is eligible to claim housing benefit or tax credits not have public liability??? Talk about stereotyping people!!

Completely agree, and as a landlord if my tenant wanted to work from home I'd do whatever I could to make it possible,

Its really easy to work it all out so dont panic.

I work for a london council and deal with housing benefit and council tax support everyday, dealing with claims, assessments etc. They aren't big bad monsters.

They will write out to you every 3 months, they send you a self employed form where you just fill in all income, expenses etc and send it back. Aslong as you send it back on time and include all info and you are not earning above the threshold then benefits will continue.

You are more than entitled to claim hb and council tax support whilst trying to better yourself and dont let anyone else make you think otherwise!

Oh and for the record my mother and father rent out many houses to private working tenants and their houses have been trashed. Not all people on benefits will ruin your house.

I cannot stand the posts on here sometimes. Maybe its another social experiment hey cheshire gal.

Dont feed the trolls xxx

Good luck xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not everyone on benefits is 'unclean or chavvy'

Agreed but im more likely to get my money back from a professional through their work e.g sending them photos than a benefit claimant. Salon geek is swifty turning onto some lefty forum when if you say something that a lefty does not agree or make an observation your attacked. These are the facts, too bad if that is inconvenient. I have a living to make and benefit claimants are a risk and as the rental market is good there is no need to rent good homes to benefit claimants.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Agreed but im more likely to get my money back from a professional through their work e.g sending them photos than a benefit claimant. Salon geek is swifty turning onto some lefty forum when if you say something that a lefty does not agree or make an observation your attacked. These are the facts, too bad if that is inconvenient. I have a living to make and benefit claimants are a risk and as the rental market is good there is no need to rent good homes to benefit claimants.

What utter rubbish!!! Firstly just because the vast majority on SG don't like to stereotype people does not make it a lefty forum :rolleyes:

Secondly, you are perfectly entitled to your own opinion, of course you are! However, the OP was asking whether she would be able to legitimately set up a business from her council home whilst claiming Housing benefit - she did not ask whether you would have her or anyone similar as a tenant nor did she ask whether people felt that it was morally acceptable or not! I also don't see where she asked for opinions on the merits of benefits claimants versus employed people as tenants :grr:

Completely agree, and as a landlord if my tenant wanted to work from home I'd do whatever I could to make it possible,

Really? When you are likely to have moaning neighbours and all the risks involved. Communal stairs, parking squabbles from clients and does your mortgage company then cover you for buy to let residential for use as comnercial property, what does it stipulate in the title deeds? If it is a house ilder than 1950s it is likely to state no business to take place. Professionals out at work all day are a better bet. I have difficulty believing your a landlord anyone with experience will tell you exactly what I am.

Also why should the tens of 000's i pay in tax and NI every year provide HB for someone who is using it to run a businesx. No one helps me with my overheads x

Also why should the tens of 000's i pay in tax and NI every year provide HB for someone who is using it to run a businesx. No one helps me with my overheads x

I would prefer my tax etc to go to someone bettering themselfs with a business rather than drug addicts....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe this thought-provoking post is the right time to close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back