Cabin salon security

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
How do you ensure your cabin salon is secure from burglars?

I'm starting up in May/June 2015 and working on my cabin now. I've looked into collapsible lattice shutters, which look fantastic but quite expensive. So far, i think it's my best option. I have 3 windows and a door with window panes, so the cost appears to be around £1300.

Does anyone have a different suggestion?

Also, those of you with home salons, do you put your address on your website?

Thanks in advance for your help :hug:

How do you ensure your cabin salon is secure from burglars?

I'm starting up in May/June 2015 and working on my cabin now. I've looked into collapsible lattice shutters, which look fantastic but quite expensive. So far, i think it's my best option. I have 3 windows and a door with window panes, so the cost appears to be around £1300.

Does anyone have a different suggestion?

Also, those of you with home salons, do you put your address on your website?

Thanks in advance for your help :hug:

TBH I wouldn't worry too much. Burglars are more likely to go for a house or a car garage for example. I personally don't think any amount of protection will stop someone if they want to get in. Just get a 1 room Yale Alarm so if anything moves inside it will go off.

Following with interest I'm in the same situation my cabin should be ready by December and it's one of my biggest worries, we are thinking of getting cctv but it is a big expense

where abouts do you live? in a built up area? I have a cabin and I live in the countryside. had it a year and a half now..didn't even have a lock on it until i changed the door a few months ago LOL i don't think it would be the first thing burglar would break into. wouldn't go to the expense of shutters and that probably more expensive than it's worth.just make sure you have insurance for contents and fire damage it's not expensive £140 for the year. [mine is] also do put a lock on it..or you insurance will be null and void..haha..I have a dog at mine so if anyone was sniffing about I'd probably hear about it..but honestly wouldn't worry too much!:)

also..1300 is very expensive..what is your contents and worth? I have two doors and 5 windows on mine so no way I could afford to put that kind of system on..also sorry going on now..is your cabin brand new? if not it seems like a huge expense in comparison to the cabin!

Can you not just put an alarm on it? With shock sensors on the doors & windows? Xx

Thanks for all of your input.

I'm moving to Essex, where my other half lives. It's in a town. I know his next door neighbour was broken into about a year ago, through the back door, which is why i'm more cautious. It's one of those areas where you don't leave even the tiniest upstairs window open.

It is a brand new cabin and we're having builders in next week to sort out the plumbing, electric, flooring, plastering, etc done.

I wasn't sure if an alarm alone would be enough, which is why i wanted a few other opinions from people who have been there and done that, so to speak xx

Is your cabin being built in your garden? Is there a locked gate they have to pass through? I don't know if a locked gate may be a deterrent, from what others have said, if they want to get in, they'll find a way.
I am home based and don't put my address on my website. They have to book an appointment before I tell them where I am.

Thanks for all of your input.

I'm moving to Essex, where my other half lives. It's in a town. I know his next door neighbour was broken into about a year ago, through the back door, which is why i'm more cautious. It's one of those areas where you don't leave even the tiniest upstairs window open.

It is a brand new cabin and we're having builders in next week to sort out the plumbing, electric, flooring, plastering, etc done.

I wasn't sure if an alarm alone would be enough, which is why i wanted a few other opinions from people who have been there and done that, so to speak xx

Ahh I see..well if you are having a brand new cabin and getting all that work done then you may well go to the expense of added security..My cabin came with the electrics already sorted and the walls sorted my brilliant dad was able to connect the water works up, do the floor, roof etc [every time my clients compliment me on mine I tell him and although he says nothing I know he has a big grin on his face as he did all the work] the electrician connected it to the main supply. So my bill wasn't as big. But it would add on value to it if you were to sell it for any reason down the line..so yeah it would be a great investment..mine was 2nd hand btw..And all the very best of luck!! You will love the flexibility of working from home and getting to know each of your clients on a friendly personal level..best of luck!!!xox

Do you have your business stock insured? If so your insurance company may have minimum security requirements...be worth checking it out.

Thanks for the good wishes Missblonde, i appreciate it xx

Is your cabin being built in your garden? Is there a locked gate they have to pass through? I don't know if a locked gate may be a deterrent, from what others have said, if they want to get in, they'll find a way.
I am home based and don't put my address on my website. They have to book an appointment before I tell them where I am.

The cabin has already been built. There is a locked gate and we're going to be putting up a fence too.

Thanks for the input on the address xx

Do you have your business stock insured? If so your insurance company may have minimum security requirements...be worth checking it out.

Thanks for that info, i didn't realise that.

I will be getting everything insured when i move it into the cabin. At the moment i work within a hair salon and am covered under their contents insurance and just have my own treatment insurance xx

Latest posts

Back