Calling all Gelish layering experts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro-Beauty

Reaction score
I have added to my collection:

Taupe Model
You glare I glow
Im brighter than you
Passion
All of the 'Love in bloom collection'

Im looking for layering combinations with my other Gelish (I have most) to create some new colours (but not mixing just layering)...any recommendations please??

I have added to my collection:

Taupe Model
You glare I glow
Im brighter than you
Passion
All of the 'Love in bloom collection'

Im looking for layering combinations with my other Gelish (I have most) to create some new colours (but not mixing just layering)...any recommendations please??

Stand Out over Midnight Caller or Sweet Chocolate is beautiful
Starburst over Night Reflection
Good Gossip over any darker colour
Starburst over Gossip Girl is really popular too
I'm brighter than you with Izzy Whizzy on top is AMAZING!!

Stand Out over Midnight Caller or Sweet Chocolate is beautiful
Starburst over Night Reflection
Good Gossip over any darker colour
Starburst over Gossip Girl is really popular too
I'm brighter than you with Izzy Whizzy on top is AMAZING!!

Thank you! I have done all those lol!! But will try im brighter than you with Izzy Wizzy over - sounds fab! x

I now have 'All Dahalia-ed up'...

Was there not already a thread on gelish layering options? If so could someone post the link please. If not then maybe we should start one as there are so many great layering options. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Was there not already a thread on gelish layering options? If so could someone post the link please. If not then maybe we should start one as there are so many great layering options. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

yes great idea! i have done so many allready - see my photos x

bumping this up...

Gossip Girl with Deep Sea over the top.
Makes a sort of burple :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381955912.848179.jpg

I'm brighter than you is gorgeous! Although doesn't show up very bright on pics - this us what I did with itImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381959890.279496.jpg

I have been trying for ages to get a very dark sparkly pink. Basically I want a pink version of Good gossip over Black Shadow. Any suggestions. I love the fine sparle in good gossip and high voltage is too sparkley if you know what I mean.
Help much appreciated.

I've only just heard about layering with Gelish, when I asked the Nail Harmony teacher she just gave me a funny look. How do I go about doing layering?

Do I do 1 layer then cure then another colour or do I just do them on top of each other and cure them both?xx

Kate, gossip girl is dark pink but you'd have to put some glitter over it? Izzy wizzy looks nice over it but its a little purpleyImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382039009.326268.jpg

Char, to layer u need to cure between diff colours. Or you could mix on a bit of foil or a tile but you'd have to ensure enough colour mixed for all nails x

I've only just heard about layering with Gelish, when I asked the Nail Harmony teacher she just gave me a funny look. How do I go about doing layering?

Do I do 1 layer then cure then another colour or do I just do them on top of each other and cure them both?xx

take a look in my photos for ideas - not all colours layer well, i did he loves me he loves me not with plum and done on top which made an amazing purple but it went all mottled after a few days - this dosn't usually happen - its just trial and error - i have aprox 80 colours but this has made aprox 180 colours with layering!

Simply cure your first colour (can do one or two coats depending on how well its covered) then select a different colour for on top and cure that - great fun get experimenting and let us all know!!

Thanks so much, I'll have a little go on some spare tips and see how it goes. I haven't got many colours so I'm sure this will be a big help to clients who'd like a nice change :) xx

Thanks hon but I want a really dark pink! With fine glitter.
I love black shadow and good gossip so want a pink version of that. X

Thanks hon but I want a really dark pink! With fine glitter.
I love black shadow and good gossip so want a pink version of that. X

Try black shadow with high bridge over

Thanks just ordered it. Looking forward to trying it. X

This is 2 layers of a touch of sass with good gossip on top xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1382679436553.jpg
    1382679436553.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 190

Latest posts

Back