Calling all lefties, finger or hand rotation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

For gel polish application, do you rotate the finger or the whole hand?? Also do you start with pinky and finish with thumb?

I feel i just cant get in properly on outdide side walls eapecially on the clients left hand. Im all over the place with my awkwardness

Any tips or advice?

Hey everyone,

For gel polish application, do you rotate the finger or the whole hand?? Also do you start with pinky and finish with thumb?

I feel i just cant get in properly on outdide side walls eapecially on the clients left hand. Im all over the place with my awkwardness

Any tips or advice?
Anyone? X

I start on pinky and finish on thumb, and I rotate the finger to get in to the side walls. When I started, I struggled to get into side walls but the more you do it you'll pick it up. When you're holding the finger, sort of pull the side wall skin back a bit and you'll be able to get the polish in a bit easier if that makes sense lol x

I start on pinky and finish on thumb, and I rotate the finger to get in to the side walls. When I started, I struggled to get into side walls but the more you do it you'll pick it up. When you're holding the finger, sort of pull the side wall skin back a bit and you'll be able to get the polish in a bit easier if that makes sense lol x
Thanks Emm87 x

Yeah that's what I do too! Only I start with the thumb then work around to the pinky.
Pull the nail side wall down slightly as you hold the end of their finger between your thumb and the side of your index finger (if that makes sense) and rotate where needed-up, down, side to side. As long as their wrist is supported (rolled up towel) and your not twisting too far they'll be comfortable. It's the clients who want to 'help' by moving or stiffening which are the worst to get to! Tell those ones to relax and that you do the work. A relaxed finger is easier to work with!

God yea, when clients keep their fingers totally stiff and pointed, it's so awkward!

God yea, when clients keep their fingers totally stiff and pointed, it's so awkward!

.....I find my self constantly saying "can you just relax your hand please!!" When I'm polishing I rotate the finger, whilst gently pulling the side walks back so I can get in there & get good coverage! Also on the clients left hand I work from pinkie to thumb & on the clients right hand I work from thumb to pinkie. That way your working backwards & less at risk of touching nails you've already done, I hope that makes sense x

Latest posts

Back