Calling All Wisdom Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailem

Reaction score
HI:) , I`m a newbie geek trying to attract my 1st clients and i`m after your opiniun .My hubby said if i advertise to do a cheap set of nails to start off with , i would attract the WRONG sort of clientele (they would maybe not come back when i put my prices up because they cannot afford it) .So from fellow geeks(comments that i have recieved from my one and only thread) i have the other options given to me `` just add a freebie on to a first clients set ``( nail art , a nail piercing , gems etc.....)Please HELP :eek: what is your experience. What works best for you ?

Hi Nailem, your hubby is sooo right! I offered a discount to start with, both on a full set and on the infills. There were a few takers, but of these, not one went on to become a regular, said they couldn't afford it. One lady happily took the discounted full set, took the £5 off her infills which I offered, then rang me after a further five weeks, ranting and raving at me (which knocked my confidence no end at the beginning, I can tell you:cry: ) and saying what the hell had I stuck 'em on with cos she was trying to pull the off and they wouldn't come off and there was no way she could afford to have them removed professionally!:smack: She was quite nasty. Honestly, these sorts are not worth having . . .

I think offering a little something extra works better.

I offer a 25% discount to both the client who recommends, and to the newcomer they send, off their next appointment with me; this works very well too.

Good luck hun xx

I agree - cheap attracts cheap! You could however do a full set at your full price and offer the first infills free or half price. That way you have them really hooked into what you do AND they will pay your prices. I only ever do cheap offers in Jan / Feb when new business is really slow anyway, I'd rather have the cheap clients than none at all at that time of year! Also if you attract the loyal clients it means you have to spend less in advertising in the long run, so all round it's a win / win situation for you!

However clients who are willing to pay top rate also expect top rate customer service so make sure you love your clients to death!!! You could take a look at JDs recent article about how to keep a customer!

HI:) , I`m a newbie geek trying to attract my 1st clients and i`m after your opiniun .My hubby said if i advertise to do a cheap set of nails to start off with , i would attract the WRONG sort of clientele (they would maybe not come back when i put my prices up because they cannot afford it) .So from fellow geeks(comments that i have recieved from my one and only thread) i have the other options given to me `` just add a freebie on to a first clients set ``( nail art , a nail piercing , gems etc.....)Please HELP :eek: what is your experience. What works best for you ?
If you really want to give them something, then how about the first set full price and then their 1st infill half price?

Having said this.............from my experience, these sort of offers attract either people that will have them done just for a special occasion or are just plain tight fisted.

Thanx for the advice. I think doing the first set at full price and offering the infill half price or even free is a great idea . I will get going on the leaflets .Just got to think of a good design now :confused:

Thanx for the advice. I think doing the first set at full price and offering the infill half price or even free is a great idea . I will get going on the leaflets .Just got to think of a good design now :confused:

By the time they've had the nails on for 5-6 weeks, hopefully they'll be converted and unable to go back! :lol:

i do full price but i also do every 3rd refill as half price which is snapped up readily by my clientelle, they even remind me when it's coming up!! but i'ts good for me because it almost ensures their going to be with me for at least 3 infills.

Latest posts

Back