Calling experienced business owners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steph4rose

Reaction score
Hi I have recently started up my own nails business and have been a nail tech for a few years doing friends and family nails so don't feel too new to it all. However I am struggling with the vast difference people get with their nails, some clients get weeks no chips and all is fine, others get a chip in a couple of days. I have mainly thumb chips so think it mostly how people are putting their hand in my lamp. I don't yet have the Gelish lamp but have an upgraded led lamp to my last one and it does work well with Gelish curing times. Is this just how nails business goes and somwtimes you have to do nail repairs or are nail repairs something of the few and far between for you experienced guys? Would really appreciate some advice other than to buy the gelish lamp as right now I am unable to buy it due to expense until I have clawed back some more of my costs and I know my lamp works well as majority of people get weeks out of their nails... Please help!

do the thumbs separately then

I know you don't want to hear it but if you're not using the Gelish lamp, you can't be certain of getting a full cure and you could end up being responsible for clients developing allergies to gel products.

I know you don't want to hear it but if you're not using the Gelish lamp, you can't be certain of getting a full cure and you could end up being responsible for clients developing allergies to gel products.
There's nothing else to really add to this post.

Nail Harmony say you need the proper lamp, so you need the proper lamp. Your other lamp may leave the polish LOOKING cured, but there is a big difference between cure and proper cure. Don't close your business before you've really opened.

OK I have just purchased the lamp... Surely everything else kd good if I know my application is good!

Think now you have the correct lamp you can re boot per say.
Good luck with your own business and all the best.

In saying that I have certain clients who seem to last ages and others not as long as 2 weeks. However they admitted to their lifestyle playing havoc and also taking into account the health of your client and what medication etc she is on. Don’t slack on your client cards these are vital is my piece of advise. When she sends a text it calls to mention something on her nails , write it down on her card. It all adds together and you might figure out the best method to do her nails.

I won’t even begin to explain some of the really random mixes of nails I do for some clients but it works uniquely for them.
Ex one nail acrylic other’s all gel. For the thumb for example , things like that.

Latest posts

Back