Callus peel not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nats5125

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to callus peel and have done about 5 or so now. Whilst the initial results look impressive, once I've applied the moisturiser, after a few says it looks like it's all coming back. I've told my clients to moisturise daily but one just mailed me a pic of her feet that I did 2 days ago, after moisturising and they look like they've never been done.

I've been leaving the product on for 15 mins and scraping as hard as I can. On some clients loads comes off and on some not as much but I stop scraping when nothing else is coming off...what am I doing wrong?

I'm obviously filing and moisturising after I've scraped. Have called beauty select to ask for advice also. Thanks geeks x

Hi, just read your thread. Did you get any advice from Beauty Select? I did a callus peel today on a client that had a hard ridge of skin around the heel & did struggle to remove it as much as I would have liked. Is there any Geeks out thre with advice for us. Thanks in advance. :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hard skin just doesn't appear overnight it takes a while to build up, callus peel is amazing as it breaks down the callus and makes it easier for it to be buffed away, I personally feel you'll see more of a result on their second treatment.. Do you pre buff before applying the patches? Also if you're not doing toe polish/colour id wrap the the feet in towels to keep the feet warm, failing that I'd keep the patches on a tad bit longer, I'm sure beauty select will advise further xx

I soak with a fizzie and salts, apply callus peel, wrap in plastic, do the nail care, rinse and file. I clean the file with a brush several times and keep going until the skin is soft... (but not down to the bone:lick:)
I use a wonderful moisturizer for the massage but I will also give my client a little condiment cup with a lotion containing Urea that will last about a week if used sparingly on the heels or problem areas. It is available in most drug stores and is amazing! I also keep a few tubes on hand to sell as well. Most clients with problem heels/cracking will buy it from me because it's convenient. This lotion, I have found is not suitable for massages so I only provide it as aftercare. Once per day, preferably at night is suitable. I recommend toe-less socks to protect bedding as it will stain with a grease mark, even though it is not greasy.
This is what I use: Heel Balm | Foot Care | Therapeutic & Efficacious Products | Flexitol
I have been using this product on myself for years, even before I started doing pedicures and it works great! I neglect my feet over the winter and in the Spring, I start my regimen again and it only takes a week or so to have significant results.
Calluses will come back with neglect, so I cannot stress enough to my clients that aftercare is so very important to having nice soft feet.

CP is great for instant looking results but it really is fairly superficial. For longer lasting results I'd recommend going to a chiropodist who will get to work on them using blades which is much deeper than CP.

Latest posts

Back