Can anyone help me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail-Nut

Reaction score
I have a picture of an avatar that i would like to use, big it keeps saying it is too big, does any1 know how to shrink them??

No clue, but if you find out please let me know...I had one I was trying to shrink through Macromedia Fireworks and shrunk it too darn much...it looked like it could fit on the head of a pin!! I've since given up.
Please let me know how you do it when you find out!!
THX

Ms.Matrix said:
No clue, but if you find out please let me know...I had one I was trying to shrink through Macromedia Fireworks and shrunk it too darn much...it looked like it could fit on the head of a pin!! I've since given up.
Please let me know how you do it when you find out!!
THX

In Fireworks, open up the pic, go into File, Export Preview, and then click the middle tab (File) - you can change the pic to bitmap, gif or jpeg, (top right hand column) In the W or H column (on left hand side), it will show the size of your pic, as your avatar can only be 70 x 70 pixels, pick the W or H which is the highest figure i.e. 180 x 120 and change it to 70, press enter and the picture will automatically resize - you then press export and save it to whichever file you want.

Hope this helps. Any problems then you can email the avatar to me and I will resize it for you and send it back.

chrisbow said:
In Fireworks, open up the pic, go into File, Export Preview, and then click the middle tab (File) - you can change the pic to bitmap, gif or jpeg, (top right hand column) In the W or H column (on left hand side), it will show the size of your pic, as your avatar can only be 70 x 70 pixels, pick the W or H which is the highest figure i.e. 180 x 120 and change it to 70, press enter and the picture will automatically resize - you then press export and save it to whichever file you want.

Hope this helps. Any problems then you can email the avatar to me and I will resize it for you and send it back.

Cool, I will give it a shot...just in case something goes amiss could you pm me your email address?

Thanks!!

Hi
I dont know if this will help but i was having trouble as well and found this from ruth nails in london:
Hi babe here is a copy of the post :
In MS paint go to image,
then select stretch and skew,
in the stretch section reduce the size in percentage . so if your pic is 1200x960 reduce it by 50% for example and it will stay in proportion .. Do this until you are happy with the size.. the safe as and then upload........
For avatars:
Go to attributes, there click on pixels as measurement, then type in the above box 70x70 click ok......safe as, then upload........that should do it..........
HTH

Good luck
Lisa

Latest posts

Back