Can anyone tell me about IBX please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoemily

Reaction score
Hiya,
I have just started up doing mobile gel nails. I have a manicure certificate so I would like to offer other nail treatments to include with a natural nail manicure (so suitable for gents too). I have read a bit about IBX but I would love some advice from those who use it please....is it any good, or are there other products that are better? I have looked at the packaging but can't see much in the way of instructions without opening the packet - would I need to buy a heat lamp? If so how much would I expect to pay for one/where did you get yours?

Thanks in advance!

Fantastic product had really great results with 90% of my clients , good price product great return, quick easy, you just need to get your clients aware it's not a one tick wonder you have to use it regular to get results x

ATM I don't think there's another product out there that sits IN the nail rather than on top of it, and yes it's good. I use it s fair bit including my own nails and it def makes a difference. I think it really noticed after 3/5 treatments depending on the condition of the nails.

You will need an infra red heat lamp, I use my CND minx lamp but am sure others will advise what they use. And a uv lamp of course.

You will need an infra red heat lamp, I use my CND minx lamp but am sure others will advise what they use. And a uv lamp of course.

Thank you, Blossom. There is a video on the US IBX website that explains about lamps - looks like a UV lamp and a 75-100w table lamp are all that's needed for IBX repair and IBX. Off to the supplier now!! :)

Louellabelle are the UK distributor, I did the ibx training on 18th may although I had been using it before. Any competent nail tech can use it but one thing that the training did say that's not on the enclosed leaflet was that the heat had to be gentle!! I have the lamp from Louellabelle which has a 45watt bulb and the clients hand should be about 8" away. You have to be careful if u use infrared as the heat is more intense and we were told that it would just burn the product away too quickly if the heat was to strong so therefore would be of no use. The girls with infrared lamps at the training had to hold their nails about 2/3 feet away, yes I did say 2/3 feet as its that strong.

I think paid £20 + vat for the correct lamp.

Jigily where did you buy your lamp from? We were just about to order an infrared lamp!

Sorry to jump in but I'm just wondering if IBX be cured under LED? I think I'm right in saying LED emits UV so I'm assuming it can but would be grateful if anyone could confirm? I want to add this to my treatments too but not if it means carrying another lamp around lol!

Sorry to jump in but I'm just wondering if IBX be cured under LED? I think I'm right in saying LED emits UV so I'm assuming it can but would be grateful if anyone could confirm? I want to add this to my treatments too but not if it means carrying another lamp around lol!
Yes, cure in an LED lamp for the same time as you would a colour coat.

Jigily where did you buy your lamp from? We were just about to order an infrared lamp!
I bought mine from Louellabelle.co.uk the UK distributor for IBX approx £20 + vat I think, without actually getting up to go look at invoice. It has a large bulldog style clamp to fix it to the table and a very bendy/flexible arm to put it into any position u like. It def worth purchasing.

Latest posts

Back