Can I apply another coat of colour and top coat on finished Shellac application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpedicures

Reaction score
Help please? I finished shellac a new colour on a client yesterday and she has contacted me today as they are patchy. I think I didn't shake bottle enough it was decadence, can I put another coat of colour on and a top coat? As I don't want to reapply....

Yes, I'd gently buff over to remove surface shine, two shiny surfaces won't adhere as well, and do your extra coat and re - topcoat

Yes, I'd gently buff over to remove surface shine, two shiny surfaces won't adhere as well, and do your extra coat and re - topcoat
Thank you Trinity, I have just done that on her they look much better, although I didn't think they were bad but it was her first time with me and I so wanted them to be perfect. Will they last as usual as I've done extra on them?

Just thought I'd jump in here, as I to wanted a set I did today for a new client to be perfect, (I'd like them all to be perfect actually) only to realise about an hour ago, I'm sure I some how "forgot" the base coat before applying her Shellac.....[emoji15] I did mention to let me know if she has any problems/questions, fingers crossed if they do peel or chip I get the opportunity to put things right

I've done repairs with Trinity's method and it works well. Should last fine for a couple of weeks.

Thank you Trinity, I have just done that on her they look much better, although I didn't think they were bad but it was her first time with me and I so wanted them to be perfect. Will they last as usual as I've done extra on them?

They should be perfectly fine, you might get an issue if you broke the free edge seal with the initial buff over, or if you ended up with a slightly bulbous free edge which can happen when you apply more layers (especially unplanned) but she came back and gave you chance to rectify her issue so fingers crossed you'll be OK

Just thought I'd jump in here, as I to wanted a set I did today for a new client to be perfect, (I'd like them all to be perfect actually) only to realise about an hour ago, I'm sure I some how "forgot" the base coat before applying her Shellac.....[emoji15] I did mention to let me know if she has any problems/questions, fingers crossed if they do peel or chip I get the opportunity to put things right

Opppps! I suspect you'll be getting a call tomorrow. Been there, done that, cringed inwardly and apologised profusely and managed to hang on to the client as I told her before she had any issues. Owning up first wins big brownie points

Opppps! I suspect you'll be getting a call tomorrow. Been there, done that, cringed inwardly and apologised profusely and managed to hang on to the client as I told her before she had any issues. Owning up first wins big brownie points
The lady is off to Gran Canaria tomorrow [emoji15][emoji15] I feel such a fool for letting her down. she has booked back in though for when she gets back....I will redo them at my cost for her, its the least I can do!

Latest posts

Back