Can I do an eyebrow on a client about to have chemotherapy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonCalling

Reaction score
In 7 years I've never had this situ it's a new client whose daughter comes to me her mum has had cancer (I didn't know about it) which they caught early stages and have treated but she is now about to get one dose of chemotherapy just to make double sure -is it safe to wax this clients eyebrows before she has the first session of chemo? There is no more planned after this best wishes

If she had treatment then that must have involved chemo. Might be better to suggest a mini facial, and clip the eyebrows for her as her skin healing will be below normal.

Why not pluck to be on the safe side x

Sorry to jump on your thread but I have a question regarding chemo too. My client has had her cancer removed and received radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Her hair all fell out and is starting to regrow and she wants her bikini waxed before her holiday next month. Her last dose of chemo was three months ago. I have asked her to check with her doctor just to be sure but wondered if any of you have know the answer. Many thanks

If the doctor is ok with it then no problem.

Far as I know any cortisone makes the skin thin so NO I would not do waxing for a client receiving chemo. She can go for threading or use tweezers is safer.

This might be a repeat of what nailpod has just said (I'm not sure what cortisone is) but if she is on steroids, I think quite common after chemo, her skin will be very fragile xx

Cortisone is exactly that a steroid it's the active ingredient in the product. [emoji16][emoji41]

Thing is most cancer patients know they're going to get refused treatment so they just lie during the consultation, same with diabetics and others who have trouble getting treatment. It's all a bit silly really. I wish the doctors or cancer charities would come up with a guide for patients so that they know what they can and can't have. I know they do this for some cancers as they have to avoid certain ingredients, but would be nice to have one for exactly this kind of situation.

Latest posts

Back