Can I do this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelaG

Reaction score
Hi all

Totally new to this site so if I have posted in wrong place my apologies.

I have recently decided to change career and am looking into beauty. I did a beauty therapy diploma a few years ago but left half way through as there were so many aspects I didn't enjoy. I'm now thinking about getting in to it again with the focus on the bit I loved - nails! But where on earth do I start?? I live in Reading, Berkshire and have found a S2 course in Maidenhead for CND. Do I need to go more basic than this first? There are so many training courses, techniques etc now that I'm really overwhelmed researching it all. I don't want to work in a salon, I'm thinking more mobile therapist..

My main questions are
- can anyone recommend a training place/course near Reading that offers the basic mani/pedi plus the more advanced stuff
- what product or technique is best to train in? A lot of salons and mobile technicians around here use Jessica but I'm leaning more towards CND
- what tips/extensions training do I need and specific brand?
- if you are a mobile therapist what other treatments do you offer with nails? I love lash and brow treatments but don't know if that is realistic to offer as mobile.

Sorry that is rambling but really appreciate any help offered x

CND (Sweet Squared in the UK) education is second to none. They will take you through from the very most basic of basics, right through to master and grand master status, should you so wish.

No, their training may not be cheap, but it is a much higher standard and you get an insurable certificate. And the ongoing support is there as well. Why not give them a little call and have a chat with one of their advisors?

If this is to be your livelihood, then you should research as thoroughly as possible and pay for the best you can afford.

Jessica is a great brand, but I would probably be looking to differentiate myself to my competitors.

I used to do all beauty including waxing and facials when I was mobile, but it's HARD work. You don't have as big of an outlay and you have great flexibility, but you really need to work at it.

Latest posts

Back