Can I overlay this nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gattia

Reaction score
A client has put a knife through her nail which she is catching. Can I overlay with BL Sculpting and would you recommend I wait untill it'll is less sore.? Any advise welcome. Thank you :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 2,969
If that were my finger hun I think I would rather it left to heal better, best to let wounds get as much air as possible to heal and you don't want to do it, cause her pain, and then cause her even more pain if she wants it taken off!

Ouch! Definitely leave to heal x

Yep second that. It's too premature for any nail treatment.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

A client has put a knife through her nail which she is catching. Can I overlay with BL Sculpting and would you recommend I wait untill it'll is less sore.? Any advise welcome. Thank you :)

Please, no overlays, nothing on this nail untill it's not only less sore, but until it's completely healed.
My mom cut her thumb like this a few months ago, it took 6 weeks to heal. I did the rest of her nails, and she had a band-aid on her thumb :biggrin:

Thanks everyone. She did it last Tuesday and says its no longer sore. I will tell her to stick the the unsightly plasters/band aids for a bit longer. Really it was to prevent her catching it. We like to try and help where possible :)

I agree to let it heal, you don't want to risk any product getting into it and causing an infection either.
If only soebody came up with clear plasters that lasted for ages (whilst staying clean) and you could paint over them using your Bio Sculpture/polish/Shellac etc. so tht it didn't look out of place!

Many people might think I'm being a lunatic by suggesting that but when I have nice nails I don't want one wrapped up in a plaster! Haha :) x

Wow, i work at a dental practice in my day job and the dentist done exactly the same last week. She was looking to have some sort of overlay too but I recommended she didn't do so, but keep it protected and the nail short when it is not feeling too uncomfortable. Ouch!! X

Latest posts

Back