Can i perm over high lift tint highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myworld

Reaction score
Hi,
my boyfriends offered to pay for me to have a perm! we both love the tousled off the beach hair look, my hair does this but only when abroad in a hot humid climate. In England it straight.
I have highlights with high lift tint, can i perm or not.? and if i can which is a good make to use i have a sally near me.
Many thanks.
Ruby

Please don't tell me your gonna try and do this yourself?

Hi, it depends on your hair type, porosity, elasticity etc, the condition of your hair.

I most certainly would not recommend doing this yourself, you should always have Chemical services done by a hair professional.

I would suggest going to your local salon to have a consultation done....
Hope this has been helpful, good luck.

Regards
GemmaAckland

christ on a bike DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF!!! :eek:
i did a perm on a client with all over high lift and though it wasn't wrecked it also wasn't the best... she was addament she wanted it..
there is no way you could diy this...
you would need correct size rollers, end papers, how would you even wind it?? proccess time after trying to make sure you are evenly covered... really, it's just not worth your hair falling out!!

anyhooo,, answer to your question............ yes it can be done but not by you
good luck!! x

Hi,
my boyfriends offered to pay for me to have a perm! we both love the tousled off the beach hair look, my hair does this but only when abroad in a hot humid climate. In England it straight.
I have highlights with high lift tint, can i perm or not.? and if i can which is a good make to use i have a sally near me.
Many thanks.
Ruby

Hi, Ruby if you arn't a hairdresser then I wouldn't risk doing a perm yourself
as its risky enough for a hairdresser to do ... I think perms are ok for unprocessed virgin hair but even then they never look completely natural but are quite nice if done correctly ,

on hair with high lift colour on it then I would leave it alone as it may frazzle it , you should go to a good hairdresser and ask him / her to run some test curls on it first,
or even ask your local college
then you can see the result for yourself :hug: hth minky

Nope don't panic I'm not doing this myself my mates an ex hairdresser i buy the stuff and she does it for me, but thanks for the concern.
Ruby

Test curls, why didn't i think of that great idea thanks.

i used Goldwell Biolife 2 on my own highlighted hair and got a good result.

Latest posts

Back