Cancellation rights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nishi85

Reaction score
Hi guys have you heard anything about a law enforced in November last year regarding providing cancellation rights or 7 day money back guarantee to customers paying over £45? Does it apply to us?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi guys have you heard anything about a law enforced in November last year regarding providing cancellation rights or 7 day money back guarantee to customers paying over £45? Does it apply to us?

If you're not distance selling, I don't think this exists. I may be wrong- but I don't think anything has changed about statutory rights. Where did you hear about this?

Consumer Rights: "Give me my money back!"...

Does distance selling cover booking work in over the phone?

My dad is having an issue with customer of his. Perfect timing before he goes on holiday.

Does distance selling cover booking work in over the phone?

My dad is having an issue with customer of his. Perfect timing before he goes on holiday.

Depends what kind of work. If work was then done "face to face" then no, I don't think so.

Distance selling usually means entirely remotely, like buying things off the internet.

Scroll down on that link I posted and it's on there.

Thank you.

Yes, the work was carried out face to face.

He is a domestic appliance engineer and a lady booked him to go out (he quotes everyone the charges ie £35+spares+VAT, if you don't want the repairs its just the £35+vat) and the lady is refusing to pay after we have been out and she didn't want the repair done and got her son to quote distance selling. Its only £42 but its the principle.

Sorry to hijack your thread - i'm leaving now xx

Thank you.

Yes, the work was carried out face to face.

He is a domestic appliance engineer and a lady booked him to go out (he quotes everyone the charges ie £35+spares+VAT, if you don't want the repairs its just the £35+vat) and the lady is refusing to pay after we have been out and she didn't want the repair done and got her son to quote distance selling. Its only £42 but its the principle.

Sorry to hijack your thread - i'm leaving now xx
So she thinks she can get away with not paying him the call out fee after him calling out to her - arrrr no chance. He fulfilled his side of the contract by turning up, now she has to pay up.

So she thinks she can get away with not paying him the call out fee after him calling out to her - arrrr no chance. He fulfilled his side of the contract by turning up, now she has to pay up.

Exactly!

Sorry for the late reply lots been going on between! Like the other poster my father in law is also an appliance engineer and he told me about this. Now I'm mobile and will be starting room rental too from tomorrow.

I presumed this was to do with distance selling and not applicable to us but just hot worried. Apparently it's a crackdown on traders in the staffordshire and surrounding areas.

Latest posts

Back