Candy Coat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MUA

Reaction score
Keep seeing this brand popping up on Instagram and the colours look amazing!

I know it's not a pro product but there is a salon and proffesionals section. Just wondered if anyone has tried these? I currently use artistic colour gloss which I love! But candy coat seems to offer a more vivid range of colours and are a bit more affordable.

Let me know your thoughts ❤️

Ive ordered twice from them and had problems both times. The gels are either spot on or too thick. I must say though, their super shiny no wipe top coat is really nice xx

Sarah R on YouTube has done some reviews

I have bought quite a few bottles of this product, I love the bright trendy colours but it's so unreliable. I've had a spate of unhappy clients because they have had peeling on natural nails despite me using a 54w lamp combined with UV and LED bulbs.

Absolutely gutted because I'm losing business because of it

I absolutely love candy coat. They do have a professionals/salon only section and you have to send your qualifications to them to gain access. I did struggle with them at first though. The colours were peeling and I was having a rough time. I feel candy coat gel polishes do run slightly thicker than most gel polish brands I'd tried. It turns out that because the colours are really pigmented and the product is thick you have to apply really thin layers and cure 1min LED 2 minutes UV. I have also never had a problem with postage or customer service. Hope this helped

I absolutely love candy coat. They do have a professionals/salon only section and you have to send your qualifications to them to gain access. I did struggle with them at first though. The colours were peeling and I was having a rough time. I feel candy coat gel polishes do run slightly thicker than most gel polish brands I'd tried. It turns out that because the colours are really pigmented and the product is thick you have to apply really thin layers and cure 1min LED 2 minutes UV. I have also never had a problem with postage or customer service. Hope this helped

I got some help yesterday. I do use thin layers and i heat the bottle up. Going to try a double layer of top coat to see if that helps and if the nails are weak will maybe try a layer of builder first.

I also love the product and the colours, I just don't want to lose business if it's not lasting. Will persevere!

I totally get that and unfortunately not all techs/clients get on with all products. Thankfully there's loads of choice now when it comes to gel polish.

I totally get that and unfortunately not all techs/clients get on with all products. Thankfully there's loads of choice now when it comes to gel polish.
I've invested too much in the product to allow it to fail. I just did another ladies nails and hers are still on 3 weeks later.

Just looked at their website.

Lovely colours. This could be achieved with shellac (or other brand of choice) and additives such as born pretty/glitterarty etc.

Having said that, it's really good to see a gel brand offering something different in terms of gel polishes that go straight on as a glitter or solid colour with sprinkles.

Last edited:
I really want to love this stuff... so hard, though with continued use the product is just not professional standard which is a shame.

The gel itself is inconsistent through the range, too thick or too runny, can be very hard to work with, some very uneven in coverage, basecoat smells like 'sick' <---- clients words, not my own, it does give off a very strong chemical smell unlike anything I have used before.

Various cleints experience bubbling, peeling, and weird warping of the gel - even with correct cure times and application, lamp wattage etc.

Only a handful of clients got on with it, many opting out as they felt it was not a professional grade product that they were familiar with, some stating that they did not want 'bluesky', eeep, so decided not to invest much more... one client never booked me again after I introduced Candy Coat to her.

No issue with bluesky users, it's just that it has a repeatedly bad rep amongst those who book me.

Its really photogenic itself, the packaging and colours are really pretty - it's pastel heaven, though defo not a professional gel product, lovely for trying or doing your own home gels, for someone who likes to repair their own and do their own.

Would love to see an industry classification for Gel Polish where ranges have to be classified by law as home use only - as well as professional / salon only.

Everything is worth trying, which is why I had a go... trying different products helps me to decide what to invest in, or not, so maybe try for yourself and see how you get on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back