Lash lift on short lashes - really disappointed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus666

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ive literally just done a lash lift on a client and it didn't seem to do anything :( I have found this on my last few clients, although I did do one on my daughter that was amazing. So I know the products can work I'm just a little underwhelmed with lash lifting and I feel my clients may be too as I am new to beauty.

I use the salon systems lash lift and a small eye shield and wondered if anyone had recommendations please?

TIA xx

Are you tinting also? This will darken the tips to make it more affective x

Hi Ellie,

Yes I done a black tine also for about 8 mins. Just cant figure out why some lift an others don't. Do you use the salon systems also? xx

Strange, if they have alot of natural oils it could affect have you used a good cleanser for the lashes before hand? Yes I use salon systems and they seem to be okay with me but not all treatments are suitable for everyone x

Thanks for the response, I just find this treatment a bit hit and miss with some clients. May need to review whether to continue with it or not xx

I would still offer it out as like you said it looked amazing on your daughter, only other thing I could recommend is leaving it on for the full 15 mins. It all depends on the lash type as if they naturally have long lashes they would benefit from the rod instead of a sheild, try to practice on some more ladies before totally giving up on it everything takes time to master in the world of beauty treatments x

I would still offer it out as like you said it looked amazing on your daughter, only other thing I could recommend is leaving it on for the full 15 mins. It all depends on the lash type as if they naturally have long lashes they would benefit from the rod instead of a sheild, try to practice on some more ladies before totally giving up on it everything takes time to master in the world of beauty treatments x
Thanks again Ellie,
I'll look in to the rods, Have seen them on YouTube but have not tried them yet. Your right, a few more ladies to practice on with different lash lengths etc will hep find the correct method xxx

I recently trained in LVL nouveau. I too have been struggling to get a good lift on short lashes. I'm using the small shield. So maximum lift. My client is tonight was not impressed neither was I. I'm wondering maybe if I'm not getting the shield close enough to the lashes line?? Does anyone have any tips on getting the shield as close as possible to the lash line??

Practice practice practice. After reading a few threads on here today ive seen a few people havent been too impressed with the salon system lash lift :-/ could be coincidence but the salon i work in also uses salon system an the results arent as good as some other brands (i use lash base at home) whatever brand you use i would recommend leaving it on the maximum amount of time aloud xx

Latest posts

Back