Lash lift reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mombassa

Reaction score
Hello my lady had a lash perm tested prior and test was okey . She since reacted eyes swelled up and was sore went to doctors they says it’s a reaction plus conjunctivitis . Now taking it further with solicator .I done the test and unsure what more I could do for in future been doing this a long time and never had this happen makes me want to give up beauty any suggestions or anyone been in this situation with a reaction

have you a signed consult card from the patch test?
maybe speak with your insurance to see where you stand but if you patch tested and have the proof and she still had a reaction there isn't much more you could of done.

Hello my lady had a lash perm tested prior and test was okey . She since reacted eyes swelled up and was sore went to doctors they says it’s a reaction plus conjunctivitis . Now taking it further with solicator .I done the test and unsure what more I could do for in future been doing this a long time and never had this happen makes me want to give up beauty any suggestions or anyone been in this situation with a reaction

Stay calm and take care of yourself. Do not let this take over your life. Go to the doctor if you are feeling stressed about it.

Write on the consult card ALL the information. Dates of everything every interaction.

To claim on your insurance the client must write to your insurer. You must phone them immediately as they often have legal representation.

Cease all interaction with client. No appointments, no messages, no emails, no calls. Nothing. Same goes for their solicitor.

It is very important you do not say you are sorry now. If you say sorry and they have evidence of it you can be liable.

Your insurer will advise next steps but generally its:

- Provide client their address only not number. Do not give it out unless they instruct you to do so.

- Cease interaction

- You will receive a call from a loss adjuster

- The loss adjuster will arrange a visit and take copies of all your evidence. Make sure the patch test info is there too. This MUST have been 24hrs or more prior or you are not covered (your insurer docs may vary on this you can ask for a copy of your policy to check).

- Tell them EVERYTHING. They can’t protect you otherwise. You literally pay them to protect you and deal with these people on your behalf.

The most important thing to do in future is:

- Patch test always 24hrs-48hrs before or more

- Write everything down

- Client Signatures on patch test cards

- Provide advice on emergency allergy care to every client and explain that allergies can happen every time. You care about them and you dont want it to happen but sometimes it does. That they are to contact a gp first but to let you know so you can check on them. Be comforting, and kind.

Latest posts

Back