Capping pink and whites with clear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to sculpting enhancements just feel ready to progress to using forms etc and perfecting my smile lines but I'm really confused as to whether I should cap the enhancement with clear product after I've applied my pink and white l&p or gel? Do you guys do this? Some vids I've seen do and some don't and my training didn't cover it in depth! Can anyone help?

I do cap with clear after doing white plus pink acrylic french. I was taught this way since they explain to me, doing it this way the free edge will be more attached and have more strength with the rest of the nail, and since we always need to strengthen the apex (the part where free edge and nail join), otherwise the nail could be weak and the free edge can easily break.

Ok thanks- it seems lie some people do and some don't? It's very confusing!

I have never capped my French L&P enhancements with clear.
When sculpting if I felt where my pink and white joined wasn't quite perfect, as in there was a slight dip at the join, I would use clear to correct it as it wouldn't cloud my white or spoil my smile line.
I don't know any techs who routinely overlay a pink and white with clear, there is nothing wrong with doing it, but it just adds to your work and time surely?

I have never capped my French L&P enhancements with clear.
When sculpting if I felt where my pink and white joined wasn't quite perfect, as in there was a slight dip at the join, I would use clear to correct it as it wouldn't cloud my white or spoil my smile line.
I don't know any techs who routinely overlay a pink and white with clear, there is nothing wrong with doing it, but it just adds to your work and time surely?

Yes I would think it must but I want them to be strong! I suppose pulling zone 2 bead slightly over zone 1 as I've been shown should suffice? Looking back at my acrylic training it really wasn't great! We were verbally told how to do pink and white and the tutor wasn't great at doing them herself! I'm even thinking if doing the CND conversion to be honest (especially alone day I would like to be a master of everything)

I dont cap with clear but if the apex isnt quite right, instead of applying more opaque pink and possibly dragging too much into the white I will correct with a clear bead x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back