Caramel toner help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuliefromBoston

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
Is this familiar? You are a successful hairstylist and all your clients are pleased and you're booked weeks in advance. But then a good friend or relative books with you and you mess their hair up? This happens to me all the time! My good friend asked for caramel highlights on her colored level 6 hair. Easy, right? I used Wella bleach with 10 volume. Her hair lifted SO fast, that within 10 mins with no heat, she was at a (lovely) neutral 8!! I used my go to caramel toner from my Wella Colorance textbook 8/81 with 9/73. They're gorgeous, but too light for her. Usually I would just come up with something on my own, but I'm really worried with this one! Could someone help me figure out a toner?
Recap:
All over level 6 permanent color
Bleach hilights to level 8
Wants darker caramel toner

Thank-you thank-you thank-you!!!

How about 7/73 with 8/81 ? Have you got any pics with the 9/73 and 8/81 I've never mixed them two together would love to see x

Good morning everyone,
Is this familiar? You are a successful hairstylist and all your clients are pleased and you're booked weeks in advance. But then a good friend or relative books with you and you mess their hair up? This happens to me all the time! My good friend asked for caramel highlights on her colored level 6 hair. Easy, right? I used Wella bleach with 10 volume. Her hair lifted SO fast, that within 10 mins with no heat, she was at a (lovely) neutral 8!! I used my go to caramel toner from my Wella Colorance textbook 8/81 with 9/73. They're gorgeous, but too light for her. Usually I would just come up with something on my own, but I'm really worried with this one! Could someone help me figure out a toner?
Recap:
All over level 6 permanent color
Bleach hilights to level 8
Wants darker caramel toner

Thank-you thank-you thank-you!!!
Maybe just try 7/7 + 1.9% leave for about 10-15 minutes
Or if you're thinking that's too similar to her base, maybe use 8/71 + 1.9%

Latest posts

Back