Wella illumina 10/69

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairbysam

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post so firstly I would like to say hi 👋

I have read some amazing posts on here so I am hoping someone can help me please!
I have used Wella illumina 10/69 with 1.9 pastel 1:2 left on for 10 mins
I lifted the hair to a level 10 previously and the results after the toner…. It has turned the roots gold!?
Any ideas why this has happened and any recommendations on what I could do to remove the gold from the roots?

Thank you in advance

Sam x

Hi,

I have read some amazing posts on here so I am hoping someone can help me please!
I lifted the hair to a level 10 previously and the results after the toner…. It has turned the roots gold!?
Any ideas why this has happened and any recommendations on what I could do to remove the gold from the roots?

Thank you in advance

Sam x
Sounds like the bleach may still be oxidising. Do you have a picture of the outcome?

Sounds like the bleach may still be oxidising. Do you have a picture of the outcome?
Hi @ronray

Thank you for your reply.

I have attached 2 photos for you. They are screen shots from a video I took. I can’t upload the video unfortunately as it shows my clients face and I don’t have her permission.
Please let me know your thoughts!

Thank you again! Really appreciate it!

Client was happy with the result, I just feel there is a lot of gold at the root and don’t know why. It’s the first time I have used illumina so any tips for future would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_7290.png
    IMG_7290.png
    12 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7289.png
    IMG_7289.png
    12.2 MB · Views: 0
I think from the pictures it looks like the highlights are still cool. It almost looks like theres a base colour in between?

Hi,
Please I need help too, I have a client who wants to go pink with wella koleston perfect and her natural hair color is 4, I know I have to bleach the hair, but I know bleaching the hair, it will come out as pale yellow. Do you think if I use koleston perfect special mix 0/65 and 10/0, will it come out well even if the bleached hair is pale yellow?

Hi,
Please I need help too, I have a client who wants to go pink with wella koleston perfect and her natural hair color is 4, I know I have to bleach the hair, but I know bleaching the hair, it will come out as pale yellow. Do you think if I use koleston perfect special mix 0/65 and 10/0, will it come out well even if the bleached hair is pale yellow?
The hair will need to be lifted to a level 10 and I would pre tone to neutralise the yellow tones first. Before applying the pink.

The hair will need to be lifted to a level 10 and I would pre tone to neutralise the yellow tones first. Before applying the pink

Oh right, okay then 😊
Thanks for your reply @ronray

Hi,

Thank you in advance

Sam x
I have had this before, i believe its because it is permanent colour and even using 1.9% it does still lift the hair a bit so it exposes some underlying pigments, not so much a problem for natural level 8-10 if you want a little extra lift but below levels will show more warmth, assuming that it's her natural colour between what looks like highlights. You can use as a gloss by doing 1 part colour, 1 part post service treatment/ elements conditioner (wella) and 1 part 1.9% pastel which will help as I believe it alters the pH so doesn't lift as much but the colour deposit will be a little softer or you can use the color touch range which won't alter the natural hair .

I have had this before, i believe its because it is permanent colour and even using 1.9% it does still lift the hair a bit so it exposes some underlying pigments, not so much a problem for natural level 8-10 if you want a little extra lift but below levels will show more warmth, assuming that it's her natural colour between what looks like highlights. You can use as a gloss by doing 1 part colour, 1 part post service treatment/ elements conditioner (wella) and 1 part 1.9% pastel which will help as I believe it alters the pH so doesn't lift as much but the colour deposit will be a little softer or you can use the color touch range which won't alter the natural hair .
Would you recommend the illumina gloss or CT/CT+? I don't want lift at all with good longevity and gray coverage but I'm terrified of the cumulative effects of ethanolamine and prefer ammonia based oxidizers as they wash out

Latest posts

Back