Card machines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snmlondonhair

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm going to be getting a card machine for our salon -what's the general cost of these? I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal I can.

Any recommendations?

thank you

I can recommend you as a friend to WorldPay if you'd like?
Prices vary. Approx £25 per month plus monthly your cost per transaction. Around 20p.

It's better to lease them from your card processor unless you are going to purchase a professional till system. The reason being that they need to be compatible with the card processor's own system, plus you will likely get charged if you buy your own. But if you want to buy your own then they are around £300 plus maintenance costs. Ask your card processor which ones they support, and don't buy second hand or refurbished ones as they are seriously dodgy.

Or did you mean the entry level devices like izettle, paypal and worldpay zinc? They should have their fees on their website. You can then get a quote from the main card processors (worldpay, barclays, hsbc etc) and compare them as it'll be slightly different for everyone.

Around £20 pm for rental of the machine which is usually on a 3 year contract. Payments per transaction then depend on card used etc.

From what I've seen, banner penguin has a good deal with World Pay.

Vic x

And if you look at the non contract ones like izettle etc, you're paying silly money.

A geek worked it out some time ago - if you're taking over £1000 per month on card a contract is a better deal than the non contract ones x

Ive had card machines on contract and are expensive and hard to get out of if you decide you dont want it, ive just got myself paypal card reader which is cost of 79 quid then charged 2.75% per transaction so no hidden charges if not used, also goes straight into paypal account whereas the others can be 5-7 working days x

Hi guys!

I'm going to be getting a card machine for our salon -what's the general cost of these? I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal I can.

Any recommendations?

thank you

Hi Sn

If you use Hive Salon Software there is no need for card machines we have integrated with Stripe and they charge 1.4% on cc transactions which is one of the most competitive in the market plus you get 15 modules to manage and grow your salon. If interested pm and I'll show you all the benefits.

Regards

Kim

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453656536.816910.jpg

Latest posts

Back