Card payment methods for mobile therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam2786

Reaction score
Hi I am a mobile therapist and am needing to take card payments. Which machines or card payment method do you use that's reasonable? Thanks

I use a payleven card machine, cost me £49.99 and that's it, uses my phone to connect and it's only about 2% off every transaction. Never had one bit of bother, it's great

I used worldpay zinc with I think was about £70 for the terminal and then 2.75% on each transaction x

I zettle portable machine is free atm and they charge 2.75%

Use PayPal or Square. Their fees are pretty reasonable at 2.9% per transaction. They can provide you with free card scanner that can connect to your mobile phone. This lets you do business anywhere!

I use sum up. The reader is £79.99 but atm they have a discount code that gives £20 OFF. It then takes 1.85% of each transaction xx

I have just got the world pay zinc reader their fee is 2.75% and you can do card holder not present which is perfect for me being mobile with deposits! The terminal is on offer at 50% off aswell

Im looking into this aswell. Could people not just get ur bank details and transfer it? I guess that would take a while though

Im looking into this aswell. Could people not just get ur bank details and transfer it? I guess that would take a while though
I had the iZettle reader but soon reverted back to transfering.

The card machine took about 5 days to show up in my bank - very annoying!

I use iZettle. I'm happy with it, although most of my clients pay cash. Be aware that with iZettle, it's not permitted to pass on the costs to your clients.
Some of my clients pay by bank transfer. I only offer this option to the trusted ones ;)

I just offer them to do bank transfer as it's free on my account and pretty much instant (the first time may take a slightly longer but every time after it's there instantly with my clinets) and I can check my internet banking on my mobile to see that the money is in my account if I need to.
Most of my clients pay cash and are happy with that but the few who do don't have cash are happy to bank transfer while I'm there (I have 1 regular who pays me before I've even turned up lol).

Stream-line do a mobile system which works with a smart phone. Worldpayzinc it's great and fab customer service, it's a pay as you go system so no monthly payments or contract, you pay a small percentage on each transaction. I love it. It also summarises Every transaction and you can use it for cash payment too, so all your yearly figures summed up. Works for me!

Em x

Hi I am a mobile therapist and am needing to take card payments. Which machines or card payment method do you use that's reasonable? Thanks
Hello :)
I use izettle. They're great.

I have an izettle and it's brilliant.

Love PayPal. Quick to get paid too, all you have to do is extra security checks (passport, utility bill etc.) to check you are who you say you are and I can transfer money from PayPal to my bank account the second the card has been approved. Saves waiting for 3-5 days and the transaction charges are 2.75%, so comparable with others. My online booking system also links with PayPal so don't know if they do a card holder not present option though.

I use Square and I love it. There are no fees or charges to set up, or that I pay when not in use. And it's pretty reasonably priced. The selling point for me was not monthly fee, as I wasn't sure if people would use it as I take cheques, cash and e-transfers.
I thought about PayPal but doesn't the customer have to have an account too? Wouldn't work with some of my clients.

I use Square and I love it. There are no fees or charges to set up, or that I pay when not in use. And it's pretty reasonably priced. The selling point for me was not monthly fee, as I wasn't sure if people would use it as I take cheques, cash and e-transfers.
I thought about PayPal but doesn't the customer have to have an account too? Wouldn't work with some of my clients.
Blair, I am in Canada as well, and use Square for credit card transactions. I am very happy with it. Do you have any idea when debit will be available with Square?

I've used BraintreePayments.com. It's owned by PayPal.com. It's pretty easy to setup, and best of all free for the first £30,000 then 2.4% + £0.20 per transaction. In the United States, it's free for the first $50,000 then 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. There are no monthly fees, and no obligation to stay.

It's pretty easy to get it working with other platforms (if it's allowed) just by copying three lines of text from your BraintreePayments.com account panel to your website platform account panel.

It's a great way for a small business to save some money. I saved around $1500. :)

Blair, I am in Canada as well, and use Square for credit card transactions. I am very happy with it. Do you have any idea when debit will be available with Square?
I have no idea actually. I know most clients I have, even myself, have a credit debit card. So I can use it anywhere that takes visa but it pulls from my account.
Has there been talk of Square debit? Because that would be amazing!

Latest posts

Back