Card terminal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
Any advise on a good company for taking card payments for a small business & mobile. Looking at Barclaycard terminal or I Zettle.

Tia x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do a bit of research on a few providers prices like monthly charge, per transaction fee, etc then haggle with the companies to get the lowest of everything

I'm with card save

I've been with Barclays merchant services for 4 yes no problems etc. X

Cardsave here to. The merchant account is then supplied by Streamline. Great company, best prices I found even after shopping around and only 12 month contract & no setup fees compared to a lot of banks.

Haggle with them. You can get a very good price.

I use worldpay zinc and love the flexibility of it and also the customer service is fab (on hold 2mins primetime and so nice id forgotten all my details in 24hrs! Reset me there&then lol)

2.75% payg or the next step £6monthly 1.95% with no cancellation period, just the month your in if pay monthly.

I bought the machine on ebay saving £15 and was set up and running with account & machine in 24hrs, it runs off bluetooth so portable,( i run it off a galaxytab2 inshop on the wifi) and no1 has ever questioned it.

I have the payg as some weeks i'll take lots on the machine, some weeks its all cash so i only pay as i need to.

(I used to have streamline for a previous business and been stuck paying a contract for months after closing, theyll also tell you their service is for (around) 20k card income, im nowhere near that, i think i worked out its 2k a month on the card comparable zinc or streamline... my weeks are up & down, this suits me)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Global payments through HSBC, no terminal rent in the first year and excellent customer service.

Before using any supplier, check how they handle PCI compliance because you can end up paying hidden fees if you're not compliant.

Thanks guys! Looking into cardsave as they do loyalty cards too and I'm looking for an electronic loyalty card system so they might give me a deal on both!

I use worldpay zinc and love the flexibility of it and also the customer service is fab (on hold 2mins primetime and so nice id forgotten all my details in 24hrs! Reset me there&then lol)

2.75% payg or the next step £6monthly 1.95% with no cancellation period, just the month your in if pay monthly.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

With worldpay zinc doesn't the money take up to 5 days to be in your bank?! Is this standard for all?

Card save is about 3 days ish I think, make sure u haggle tho, get all the info U can on other providers they'll beat everything

3 days money hits my account from Cardsave. Only on 1 occasion in 2 years that they had an error and transactions from 1 day was a day later than usual.

I went with iZettle about 6 weeks ago and now 70% of my business is via card payment with a 50% increase in retail sales. No monthly fee, 2.75% transaction fee and you pay about £59 for the card reader though if you bank with Santander you get half that fee back. Money is in my account in about 3 days. No problems yet :)

I got izettle too about 6 months ago, no complaints. I got mine on offer as I bank with Santander, paid £49 but got that refunded to my account in full on the first transaction.

H x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got sum up, 1.95% on all, no monthly fee. I've got an electronic loyalty card system with reward it. Looked into cardsave but have to be a client of theirs and they weren't willing to do me a deal any better than sum up (not even close) therefore it works out much cheaper my way!

Card machine and loyalty card system are both fab!

Oh and the monies in my bank in 3 days :)

I see someone has mentioned they have bought the device off ebay and then set an account up. Is there any devices that you can recommend that run over wifi? I might look on eBay myself

Hi Sumup is a great wee card reader esp if your mobile - plugs in to phone and ya use the app along with it. Some cards don't need the reader it sends customer a message and they have to in put the card details and money is in account pretty quick it means ya don't have to handle their card or details. The reader is only 20 quid. The daily sells at shows - middle of field and use it dead handy wee thing! xx

I've got sum up, 1.95% on all, no monthly fee. I've got an electronic loyalty card system with reward it. Looked into cardsave but have to be a client of theirs and they weren't willing to do me a deal any better than sum up (not even close) therefore it works out much cheaper my way!

Card machine and loyalty card system are both fab!

Only seen ur post bout sumup it's brill isn't it! 😃👍💳💷

Only seen ur post bout sumup it's brill isn't it! 😃👍💳💷

It's fab! Use it to do all my accounts and out my cash through too!

When I look up sum up its not giving a card reader option, just one to use your mobile phone as a form of taking payment?

Latest posts

Back