UK insurance must-haves and any recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mook

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Starting a business offering treatments one day a week in a rented space from February, but haven't got insurance yet. Can anyone advise what features I should look for, and recommend any specific insurance companies?

I'll be starting with facials, high frequency, microdermabrasion and LED light therapy, looking to add microneedling and chemical peels before the end of the year.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would start by looking on this forum for potential insurers as previous members have given out their preferences over the years.
I am with the FHT and have spent my whole career with them.

As long as your qualifications are accredited by recognised training schools you will be welcomed by most insurers. They need proof of underpinning qualifications ( such as level 2 or 3 Beauty)

Then your add on services will be specified as additional to the policy. So tailored to your business needs. Other than the usual public and product liability, you may want to add on for loss of earnings in the event that you are unable to work or there is some other event beyond your control. Maybe equipment breakdown insurance could be what you require. It is really up to you.

Just to note that there are named insurers printed at the bottom of some of my diplomas/certificates, so have a look at yours. It could make life easy and you may help you with your decision making.

Latest posts

Back