Card vs cash payment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twilight

Reaction score
Hi,

What do people typically see as the split between card payments and cash payments? do most people pay by card these days or is still mainly cash?

Many thanks

I’m always amazed how many people still pay by cash! Why do you ask out of interest?

Probably 80% of my clients are cash

I’m always amazed how many people still pay by cash! Why do you ask out of interest?
Thanks. I ask as i have an opportunity to buy a salon. The current owner claims the vast majority of sales are cash whereas like you i would expect the bulk to be card payments. I am not in the trade so just doing some due diligence.

Probably 50/50 for me

80-90% card for me

Mainly card for me

I would say cash 75%, card 25%. I work from home so that could make a difference as a lot of people assume i don't take card x

My salon is 90% card at least! Some weeks it’s 99% card. We take very little cash x

70% card for me xx

80% cash. 20% cheque. 0% card

Mine is probably about 80% card.

The other week I took £1300 card and £35 cash, worries me it looks like I’m pocketing it!

Thanks. I ask as i have an opportunity to buy a salon. The current owner claims the vast majority of sales are cash whereas like you i would expect the bulk to be card payments. I am not in the trade so just doing some due diligence.

They should have a business bank account and you could request copies for your due diligence. That’s quite a usual request. If cash was that high, you’d expect most (if not all) to be banked. Compare these against card income?

Latest posts

Back