Career not taking off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne1989

Reaction score
Is there anyone else out there struggling to find a job in a salon?

I work in a menswear shop at the moment and have qualifications up to a level 2 beauty therapist and fake bake spray tanning and I'm going onto level 3 in September. All the beauty therapist jobs I look at are either room to rent, part time, or temporary. I really need full time permanent vacancies... Is this non existent as I haven't seen ANY vacancies like this yet...

Advice please! :-(

To be honest I think this is the way the economy is in some places. It is a bigger risk for a salon to employ and to be full time so hence there might not be many opportunities out there.

Concerntrate on getting your level 3 as this will open up more doors for you. After that, spas are a good place to start post college.

Chin up and best of luck with it :)

Is there anyone else out there struggling to find a job in a salon?

I work in a menswear shop at the moment and have qualifications up to a level 2 beauty therapist and fake bake spray tanning and I'm going onto level 3 in September. All the beauty therapist jobs I look at are either room to rent, part time, or temporary. I really need full time permanent vacancies... Is this non existent as I haven't seen ANY vacancies like this yet...

Advice please! :-(

I'm level 3 beauty therapist and i rang around 30 salons they all said no jobs, tried another one and it was a room to rent but I thought I may aswell stick to my home salon plans! X

I'm not sure whether this will be any help to you, but here is Australia it is much the same. VERY few full time positions become available and when they do, they want you to be fully qualified with (it seems) almost every type of product training under your belt, as well as multiple years experience and a proven sales record... As you can see, that substantially narrows the opportunity for employment.

There are an abundance of casual and part-time positions available however.

Have you thought about offering to do unpaid work experience with a salon? That will allow you to continue utilising your skills and once they've seen your work ethic, they may be willing to offer you a permanent position... Just a thought!

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back