Cash register, bar code scanner and loyalty cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad_4_Massage

Reaction score
Hello my lovely Geeks,

We are looking to introduce a loyalty scheme at the salon i rent my nail desk from (i'm starting to work there part time now)

What we want is a cash register that has a bar code scanner for products and to scan the loyalty cards, so they need to connect to the computer to get the loyatly cards to work. We dont have alot of money to invest in the machines themselvs at the moment as we are also looking at introducing a new salon system.

So my question to you all is,
where did you get your cash registers from? Did you buy a seperate bar code scanner to connect? Does the salon system you use offer a loyalty service where you scan the cards in and it brings up there information? And most importantly, is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!!

From a loyalty card point of view you would need bar coded or mag strip cards printed and these cost a bit. If your giving one to every client it adds up.

From a loyalty card point of view you would need bar coded or mag strip cards printed and these cost a bit. If your giving one to every client it adds up.

We've asked all the regulars if they would be interested and if they would be willing to pay a small fee for a card and they said they wouldn't mind paying so the cards themselves are no problem, we already have a supplier for plastic loyaltly cards with a barcode and sig strip who has quoted us rather cheap xxx

Search 'barcode scanner app', they are compatible with iPads/tablets :)

Plastic cards with mag strips are cheaper than you would think.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't have a cash register, I have a computer, barcode scanner, receipt printer and software on the computer that does loyalty cards (either cards or points on their accounts) and a complete booking system with text reminders etc.

Don't know how prices compare with a cash register, but am more than happy without one, and very happy with the booking system as I feel it has helped to grow my business!

Hope that helps

Vicki x

I don't have a cash register, I have a computer, barcode scanner, receipt printer and software on the computer that does loyalty cards (either cards or points on their accounts) and a complete booking system with text reminders etc.

Don't know how prices compare with a cash register, but am more than happy without one, and very happy with the booking system as I feel it has helped to grow my business!

Hope that helps

Vicki x

Thata the kind of thing we want, do you have a cash drawer for change? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do indeed - it is the top sliding bit of a low filing cabinet!
It has compartments and I keep a lot of my 'bits' in there as well as cash and notes!

Vicki x

Hope that helps

Vicki x

Would you mind PM'ing me where you got the barcode scanner from and which booking system you use?

Thanks! x

Squidgernetball please will you pm me the system you use also. Tia

Latest posts

Back