Cat owners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
So how many cats do you have? Do they all get on and would you get anymore. I have two girls that came from the local rescue and i have been offered a little kitten to go with them. Is 3 really too many?

I had 3 cats but they were all siblings. We have 2 now and my daughter asked for another but I don't want to upset the other 2 cats now. A friend has 3 and one of their cats is miserable as they don't get on and never have. x

Cats aren't pack animals and don't really need company like dogs do. If yours are settled and happy, I'd be inclined to leave them as they are. Three might be considered a crowd.

I have 3, all from rescue.
The 2 elders (brother and sister) who are 10 now - they still act like their kittens lol, nutty

I saw a tiny little black fluffy face appear on my fb newsfeed a yr ago, his ears were too big for his head (he's since grown into them haha) I had to hsve him, he looked so sad in the pic :(

My other 2 hissed and spat st him and ran off, came back saw he was making himself at home and accepted him, my female cat is the Queen of the house, other animals are just mere mortals to her, but won't complain when her brother washes her face but slaps him when she had enough, he soon took the kitten over the fields, showed him the ropes and they all get along fine.

She still looks at Marley (baby of the bunch) with a beedy eye incase he pounces on her lol,

However thsts just my 3, others may have cats who refuse to mix

My moms got 6, was 7 but one died, no they dont like each other but they can cope. Its not like they're always stuck in anyway. Ive got 2 and i probably wouldn't get another because itd really bother my girl cat, she gets really stressed. So it just depends on your cats personality really

Well my first girl is friendly and is a real lap cat and loves nothing more then a fuss and tummy tickle. My second girl is again playful and cheeky and likes a lap but is far more kittenish in her play. They get on well but if second girl wants to play and first girl doesnt she is soon told by a good bop to the face or head. These two are not sisters i may add although the did come from the same fosterer at the rescue around a month apart. My first girl made a very poor half attempt at a hiss to second girl when i bought her home otherwise thats all i have heard with them hissing at each other. The kitten i have seen who is around 12 weeks old and very friendly and playful again happy to be picked up and have a tummy rub. She would be a playmate for second girl to play with and this means less pressure for first girl and vice versa as i have seen role reversal on a couple of occasions.

When i got home from meeting kitten both girls were sniffing and purring and heas butting me where kitten had been so im either to take this as a positive sign or they are hoping im not trading them in lol

I got my 2 boys together when they were 8 weeks old, they are brothers from the same litter! They toy fight etc but love each other to bits! I was going to get another wee one who needed a home but didn't want to upset my babies and didn't want to have to take the new one back because he had been moved enough. My 2 want to play with my neighbors cat but she just hisses and spits so I thought they would have been okay with a new one. I didn't chance it though! Totally up to yourself you can only see what happens xx

My cats are mother and son and she hates him he just blinks a bit when he swipes at her. You're lucky if you're cats get on as cats like said above are lone warriors... whilst were on the cat subject does anyone have problems with their cats eating habits. Mine never eat their food just lick the jelly off. Sometimes not even that lol. Eating to many mice outside...

My cats are mother and son and she hates him he just blinks a bit when he swipes at her. You're lucky if you're cats get on as cats like said above are lone warriors... whilst were on the cat subject does anyone have problems with their cats eating habits. Mine never eat their food just lick the jelly off. Sometimes not even that lol. Eating to many mice outside...
Yes my female cat sometimes just licks the jelly! That's when I know it's time for a change for her. I have to have lots of different brands as she gets fed up quickly.

I have two female half bengals who are sisters, we brought them home together and they absolutely love each other. I would love a third eventually once they are a bit older but my boyfriend isn't keen as sometimes bringing in another cat after a certain age doesn't work very well. Two is definitely a nice number in my opinion as they really love each other and are constantly play fighting. I would personally stick with the two because if they didn't get on and you had to put the kitten back i'm sure you would be heartbroken :( xx

Latest posts

Back