Weird vibes from client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just looking to see what you’d do in this situation?

I’m mobile hairdresser and have been for 20+ years, never had this issue before.

Last week I cut a little girls hair, she didn’t speak much English but the mum and I could just about manage a conversation,

I booked the mum in for a colour for tomorrow, but at the appointment her boyfriend came home and I just got such weird spooky vibes from then on?
Will say it wasn’t anything he said or did, nothing personal or anything like that, pure gut feeling weirded out,
So should I go back or just effectively block them (in nicer terms?)

Has anyone had this before and what did you do?

Hi all,

I’m mobile hairdresser and have been for 20+ years, never had this issue before.

Last week I cut a little girls hair, she didn’t speak much English but the mum and I could just about manage a conversation,

I booked the mum in for a colour for tomorrow, but at the appointment her boyfriend came home and I just got such weird spooky vibes from then on?
Will say it wasn’t anything he said or did, nothing personal or anything like that, pure gut feeling weirded out,

I definitely believe in following your gut. It definitely is like a sixth sense.
If you really feel that strongly about it , don't go back.
But what is it you fear might happen?
I have had this sort of feeling in the past, one of my clients ( client for years) always came to me. Started going to her about 3years ago, and had a similar experience when her husband come home from work. A strange atmosphere in the room, felt like I wasn't welcome or I was intruding.
Even questioned how much I was charging and tried to knock me down on prices. This happened a few times and I did start to feel really uncomfortable. But after time it stopped and now he's a client too, and we get on quite well. No strange atmosphere, no awkward conversations anymore.

I definitely believe in following your gut. It definitely is like a sixth sense.
If you really feel that strongly about it , don't go back.
But what is it you fear might happen?
I have had this sort of feeling in the past, one of my clients ( client for years) always came to me. Started going to her about 3years ago, and had a similar experience when her husband come home from work. A strange atmosphere in the room, felt like I wasn't welcome or I was intruding.
Even questioned how much I was charging and tried to knock me down on prices. This happened a few times and I did start to feel really uncomfortable. But after time it stopped and now he's a client too, and we get on quite well. No strange atmosphere, no awkward conversations anymore.
Thank you,
Tbh I have no idea what I thought would happen but it just felt bad, I’m used to awkward clients or being looked down on, and that goes away, but this was different, usually my gut tells me when someone won’t be home or they have forgotten their appointment (even with reminders) or they cancel and most times I’m right!
I did cancel her for today and not sure I will book back in, although never have i done that to anyone before? Feels mean but must be a reason for it?

Maybe she had an argument with him and the air was still blue. Some people aren’t very good at hiding their emotions, unlike us. It’s tricky if someone is in your space and you’re letting off this vibe, he might not have wanted you there at that moment.

I’ve had awkward clients that I’ve cancelled and basically fired, it gets easier. And I’ve never looked back or felt bad. You work for yourself and do what’s best for you. We don’t get the benefits of being employed, so you have to grab those benefits of being self employed.

Hi all,

Personally I'd be interested in why so I'd go back. Do update here with your decision.

Maybe she had an argument with him and the air was still blue. Some people aren’t very good at hiding their emotions, unlike us. It’s tricky if someone is in your space and you’re letting off this vibe, he might not have wanted you there at that moment.

I’ve had awkward clients that I’ve cancelled and basically fired, it gets easier. And I’ve never looked back or felt bad. You work for yourself and do what’s best for you. We don’t get the benefits of being employed, so you have to grab those benefits of being self employed.
Hadn’t thought of it that way, guess I was taking it a bit personally lol definitely think it’s not one to go back to though, lol true perks of the job somewhere 👍🏻

It sounds like you did the right thing. It could be completely okay, sometimes people give off weird vibes and we never really get to the bottom of why...
The most important thing is ..... is that you feel at ease. The fact you've cancelled screams volumes to me... so well done you for trusting your instinct and doing what's right for you!

Latest posts

Back