Celebrity cooks and books

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Who are your favourites? Do you have any of their books and, more importantly, do you actually use their recipes?

Who would you recommend? :)

Nigella Lawson how to be a domestic goddess is amazing. I'm not a kitchen person if that makes sense but I've made loads of things out of it. Whereas other books I've been bought I just read them and never use them.
I do love Delia smith too :) xx

That really depends on what kind of food you like.

I have Nadia Sawalha's book "Stuffed vine leaves saved my life" and she has some lovely recipes in there. The carrot cake is to die for! So I can definitely recommend that book.

I like watching Nigella's tv programmes and have several of her books. I like the fact that she wants good food, but without the faffing around of a 'Masterchef!' :lol:

I thought I'd bake Mary Berry's ultimate Victoria sponge, so duly followed her recommendation to substitute some of the SR flour with cornflour. Result - a naff cake! Wont be making that again. :irked:

I have Nadia Sawalha's'Greedy Girl's Diet' cook book which is good and her lime cheesecake is sublime. I make it up, without the base, and have it as a mousse type dessert. Lovely! :)

Last edited:
I have Nadia Sawalha's'Greedy Girl's Diet' cook book iwhich is good and her lime cheesecake is sublime. I make it up, without the base, and have it as a mousse type dessert. Lovely! :)

That sounds like a good idea. I suppose you could even just sprinkle some crumb over the top for a deconstructed cheesecake!

That sounds like a good idea. I suppose you could even just sprinkle some crumb over the top for a deconstructed cheesecake!

Absolutely, but I just chuck a bit of fruit on top and count the calorie savings! :wink2:

Absolutely, but I just chuck a bit of fruit on top and count the calorie savings! :wink2:

I know, I know. But the crumb is the best bit!! lol!

I know! :irked:

I thought I'd bake Mary Berry's ultimate Victoria sponge, so duly followed her recommendation to substitute some of the SR flour with cornflour. Result - a naff cake! Wont be making that again. :irked:

Try just skipping the butter and thats all, do everything else same as normal

Delia Smith.

Love her easy, no nonsense recipes. To date, thankfully, none have ever gone wrong either.

Mr Gino d'campo ;) haven't got passed the cover to get to any recipes yet for staring at this lovely mans face! ;)

Vicki :) xx

Latest posts

Back