Celebrity endorsements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty144

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Few marketing websites have recommended celebrity endorsements for salons. Ie inviting them in for a free treatment for a tweet of a review of the treatment.

Has anybody tried this and if so how they you approached the suitable celeb?! Would be looking to promote the Guinot Hydradermie.

Thanks!

I know people who have done this and they just contact as many celebs as possible until one says yes - I wouldn't do it personally as feel why should I give a celeb a free treatment when loyal clients have been coming years and paying full price

Yes I do agree. Tricky one! Something to look into anyway.

It's a tricky one. It'd have to be a local celeb, because it's doubtful that people would travel from all over the country to you just because someone from TOWIE (for example) said they went to you.

You could try tweeting them, or getting in touch via their agent or manager. It's easy to track down contact details via Google.

Yes deff local. I used to treat somebody I had in mind but at a previous salon, years ago. Getting in touch seems to be tricky! Mailbox is full, tweeting maybe not be very professional but may be my best next option! I'll try an agent if I don't have any luck with a tweet. Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure it works at all we have an ex member of a reality show such as towie come to our salon pretty much weekly or fortnightly and no one cares. Or they are just a little amused.

I'm not sure it works at all we have an ex member of a reality show such as towie come to our salon pretty much weekly or fortnightly and no one cares. Or they are just a little amused.
They also post pictures of themselves in the salon saying where they are on their social media accounts.

They also post pictures of themselves in the salon saying where they are on their social media accounts.
I'm not sure it works either a few salons local to me do this and no one seems to view those particular salons any different or more highly maybe am wrong though- fair enough if a celebs comes through your door anyway but u I wouldn't waste my time trying to contact one for a local salon. If it was a large chain I can see the benefits yes.

Thanks guys - I don't think it will be something I'll spend time doing after your advice! Any other marketing and advertising advice would be appreciated, having a quiet patch at the moment and feel like I've done everything I possibly can!

I'm not sure it works either a few salons local to me do this and no one seems to view those particular salons any different or more highly maybe am wrong though- fair enough if a celebs comes through your door anyway but u I wouldn't waste my time trying to contact one for a local salon. If it was a large chain I can see the benefits yes.

I mean it might work if tom hardy did it but it's unlikely he will walk through the door (mores the pity haha!) x

Latest posts

Back