Koleston Perfect advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salon9800

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had a new client consultation today. I took photos of her before and after pics after she went to another salon. I've also attached pics of the color she was trying to get. I use Koleston Perfect and am not sure exactly what to mix as I know that there's a chance with her color combination, I could get unpredictable results. As you can see. Some of the colors are copper-like. If any of you have some recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. It's difficult to see what percentage of gray she has as this was just done a few days ago. Thanks in advance. The first pic is her before. The following four are her afters. The last two are the final color she would like. I'll be using Koleston.

Before
before.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg
IMG_4541.jpeg
IMG_4544 (1).jpeg

Attachments

• side.jpeg
    side.jpeg
    994.2 KB · Views: 0
  • wish.jpeg
    wish.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • after-1.jpeg
    after-1.jpeg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi Everyone,

I had a new client consultation today. I took photos of her before and after pics after she went to another salon. I've also attached pics of the color she was trying to get. I use Koleston Perfect and am not sure exactly what to mix as I know that there's a chance with her color combination, I could get unpredictable results. As you can see. Some of the colors are copper-like. If any of you have some recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. It's difficult to see what percentage of gray she has as this was just done a few days ago. Thanks in advance. The first pic is her before. The following four are her afters. The last two are the final color she would like. I'll be using Koleston.

Before
View attachment 214028

View attachment 214029View attachment 214030View attachment 214031
1706291270599.png
The outcome doesn't look to far off from the pics except the bright yellowish bangs. As for grey...by the pics anyways it looks like she has very little to have any effect on a regular color & application of.

I would go with 1/3 lv .8.03 & 2/3 lv 9.04.
The lv8+natural+gold has enough proper pigment to fill & color the blond bits & the lv.9.04+ natural+copper will give that nice warm copper tone all over. Seeing as your staying within the lv.8-9 range for the target color a pre pig is not necessary when you have some N/.0/ natural in your formula just as the same for coloring & covering grey.

View attachment 214035The outcome doesn't look to far off from the pics except the bright yellowish bangs. As for grey...by the pics anyways it looks like she has very little to have any effect on a regular color & application of.

I would go with 1/3 lv .8.03 & 2/3 lv 9.04.
The lv8+natural+gold has enough proper pigment to fill & color the blond bits & the lv.9.04+ natural+copper will give that nice warm copper tone all over. Seeing as your staying within the lv.8-9 range for the target color a pre pig is not necessary when you have some N/.0/ natural in your formula just as the same for coloring & covering grey.
With 10vol developer for deposit only coloring as we don't need any lift.

I second the suggestion of using 8/03. As the hair is already more red than the target shade if I was to add anything else I'd say 8/7 rather than 9/04 but that's just my suggestion. I'm not saying @vividamnesia is wrong. It would be ideal if you could strand test.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. Very thoughtful to post the charts too. :)

I second the suggestion of using 8/03. As the hair is already more red than the target shade if I was to add anything else I'd say 8/7 rather than 9/04 but that's just my suggestion. I'm not saying @vividamnesia is wrong. It would be ideal if you could strand test.
Thank you Ronray. Even though I don't post many questions, I look forward to your suggestions. Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back