Chair cost in nail salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becreative

Reaction score
Hey!

How much do people pay in rent? I’m currently working two days in a local friends salon and she’s charging me £35 if I work over 4 hours or £20 if I work under 4 hours. I think it’s a lot considering I have to supply all my own stock and if I have a large gap then a client I’m still expected to pay a full day even if I’ve only taken say £70 meaning I only walk away with £45 for a full days work and after calculating stock I’m earning a lot less than minimim wage.

Please help and give me an idea of what’s a fair price!? I live in a small town not a city.

Thanks xx

Not a nail bar but i used to rent a beauty room. In a Surrey village I paid £80pw four years ago.

Then I moved to Essex and paid £30 per day.

In both places i supplied all my equipment and that was the cost regardless of how many hours i worked.

You could suggest a percentage split but that can get a bit messy sometimes.

I charge my beauticians £40 per day regardless of what they earn. Your friend has bills to pay. Maybe go and work for someone then you’d be sure of what you were earning. Self employment is not for everyone

They supply all their own stock as well.

If u rent, then u are self employed, so it's up to you to market yourself so ur not having 'large gaps'. It's not the salon owners job to supply you with clients, so build up your own clientelle and you will make a profit. I think she's being generous at the moment, in offering a 'half day' rate. In my experience, it' usually daily or weekly rates. However remember, if you're only able to work half days, then obviously you will earn less.

Latest posts

Back