Chair to rent for free!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanessa22

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am completely new to salon geek. I have just opened 5 months ago a hairdresser/beauty salon off Hampstead Health 10mins away from the overground. I have 2 hairdressing chairs available to a stylist part or full time for free. I would like to take a commission from every cut /colour they do. I feel its a real shame to have a cute salon boutique salon with no hairdresssers here. I must put out there the road is is very residential with not alot of passing trade so we have to work a lot harder via leaflets soical media etc. I do get alot of my beauty nail clients asking for cuts but because there is nobody on site I have lost clients. This is my first new business venture and I would love to get all your thoughts and ideas xxx

Last edited:
It's not free because you're taking comission.

Might help if you suggest what percentage split you are looking for?

The commission I would like is 50/50 or if the hairdresser uses my colours than 40/60, I am really happy to talk suggestion, treatments and advertising on board as well to help us grow x

If your suggesting 60/40 your way if you supply colours I think it's only fair to offer the 60/40 split to the stylist if they are supplying colours and products.
The majority of salons I've worked in who offer this provide all products, towels gowns etc and only take a 50% commission plus VAT

It also needs to be appealing to somebody if they need to build it up due to no previous business or passing trade

I would ring a few places in your area that are renting chairs and see what they charge x

Latest posts

Back