Changing from being a beauty therapist to massage therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMills

Reaction score
Hi all lovely ladies, I have posted along these lines before but I can't find the post. Basically, I am qualified as a beauty therapist but I find that I am not enjoying the beauty side of things for many reasons. I do struggle with beauty treatments but will massage I tend to naturally thrive. I want to focus on the massage and holistic approach but I am unsure how to become a 'massage therapist' as aposed to being a beauty therapist who has massage as one of my treatments. What courses and adaptation did you all do to 'convert'? I am willing to put as much time and money and commitment in as necessary to change to massage x

Hi, I started out with beauty and then went back to college to do my NVQ level 3 in massage & spa therapies. Just do a search in your local area for available courses, hth :) xx

Hi all lovely ladies, I have posted along these lines before but I can't find the post. Basically, I am qualified as a beauty therapist but I find that I am not enjoying the beauty side of things for many reasons. I do struggle with beauty treatments but will massage I tend to naturally thrive. I want to focus on the massage and holistic approach but I am unsure how to become a 'massage therapist' as aposed to being a beauty therapist who has massage as one of my treatments. What courses and adaptation did you all do to 'convert'? I am willing to put as much time and money and commitment in as necessary to change to massage x

you just need to specialize in holistic therapies, why not start with deep tissue massage which Im sure is very popular, reflexology maybe (not typical massage I know but they go well together)? , stone massage and whatever else is out there! massage is a hugely popular treatment so Im sure you will do well. Maybe you can do body wraps and that sort of thing too? x

As previous lady said, just learn as many derivations of massage you can. Hot stone, bamboo, shell, deep tissue, MLD, sports etc. All these can be done separately and added as you go along. My advice, as a massage therapist of 25+ years is to be kind to your hands/wrists with as much hot stone, bamboo etc as you can taking the pressure off your joints

Hey can anyone recommend a deep tissue massage course in Ireland? Preferably in leinster or ulster . Cheers my dears

Sent from my GT-S7580 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back