Charge for Shellac on top of Enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
I've just realised I haven't got a price on my treatment list for applying Shellac on top of nail enhancements. How do you guys work out the charge for this? I charge £25 for Shellac on natural nails.

I've looked at local high street salons online but none seem to offer this on their price list.

as a Shellac on natural nails. The time I spend is practically the same, so same price with or without enhancements :)

Don't you charge more just because if the products you're going to use? Also there's a lot more work to do!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Where I work its £5 extra for basic colour. as we have already done cuticle work and it only takes 10 mins to apply.
Charge for glitters and nail art or any other extras same as usual.

LolliDolli💋

I think they mean they charge full price for shellac on top if extension or by itself. As well as the ext price if they do have ext.

LolliDolli💋

Ooook that sounds much better!! Hehehe thanx :D

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I charge
£35 for clear or pink
£38 French
£40 Shellac

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry I'm confused. So some charge for their enhancements plus a normal Shellac application on top. So for me that would be £35 for enhancements plus £25 for Shellac = £60

And some charge for enhancements plus a basic colour of Shellac and added glitters foils etc. So for me that would be £35 + £5 + £5 = £45

Yeah I guess so, I would like to charge more for the Shellac but I think I would out price myself off the market as I am already expensive compared to others

Sorry I'm confused. So some charge for their enhancements plus a normal Shellac application on top. So for me that would be £35 for enhancements plus £25 for Shellac = £60

And some charge for enhancements plus a basic colour of Shellac and added glitters foils etc. So for me that would be £35 + £5 + £5 = £45

I think so. A few things the other geeks said confused me too. I think £35 extensions and between £5-£10 shellac is totally acceptable.
I used to charge £10 extra but as my application got a lot quicker (and I make quite a bit on my extensions) I put it down to £5.

LolliDolli💋

I charge
£35 for clear or pink
£38 French
£40 Shellac

Do you sculpt or use tips? Just wondering why it's more for French.

But u think your prices are good :)

LolliDolli💋

I charge an extra £5 for shellac or gelish over enhancements, no base cost needed just the other steps. Xxx

Do you sculpt or use tips? Just wondering why it's more for French.

But u think your prices are good :)

LolliDolli💋

It depends on the clients needs, I have always charged more for French as its more time consuming then one colour, more products and bulb usage, It all adds up. :)

Thanks for your replies. I think I'll charge for the enhancements as normal and then charge just up to £10 for Shellac on top.

I charge an extra £5 for shellac or gelish over enhancements, no base cost needed just the other steps. Xxx

Oh and no basecoat if on top of enhancements? I didn't know you could do it that way. That'll save a bit of time.

You should be charging 20% on top of your enhancement price........x

My CND educator told me you charge 50% the cost of your enhancements plus enhacement cost for shellac over nail extentions ie if you charge £30 for your enhancements, you would charge an extra £15 to do shellac ontop of the extentions.
So nail extentions with shellac on top would cost £45. Make sense?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

My CND educator told me you charge 50% the cost of your enhancements plus enhacement cost for shellac over nail extentions ie if you charge £30 for your enhancements, you would charge an extra £15 to do shellac ontop of the extentions.

Yes thanks, that's the sort of answer I really wanted.

Wow I would love to charge that, I am moving soon so hopefully I can put my prices up a little there :)

I charge £10 extra for a plain Shellac colour over enhancements, plus glitter/art/French usual prices :) I charge £5 extra for Vinylux. My clients have always been happy to pay this.

Xxx

Latest posts

Back