Charges For Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellant

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I picked up my new tanning kit from spray tan cubicle yesterday, and I am debating over the cost i should charge.
I was also going to offer a top up if they returned within 7 days. Some people have said that they may come on a weekly basis, or once a fortnight.

Please could all you tanning experts, just give me some advice on how to charge for this. I was going to do £20.00 and then £12.50 top up. What do you think?

Please let me know

Thanks for reading
Caroline.

What you charge depends on your local area, what your competition are up to and what sort of demographic you are after.

The prices you quoted sounded ok to me, though I would up them once you have got a bit of experience under your belt. I charge less if clients come to me than I do to go mobile as it takes up far more of my time getting everything into the car, getting there, getting everything out of the car, setting it up and after spraying, doing it all in reverse. I had a girl buying from me who was charging £17.00 mobile, but I think she soon worked out that by the time she had paid for petrol & solution, she was not making as much as she thought.

My salon charges £25 for a full body st tropez spray tan. We dont offer top ups but hey you2ve just given me an idea! x

I agree with robyn...your prices sound fine but i would put them up after you've got some more experience. £25 seems to be the going rate for a spray tan

xx

Thanks for your replies and I am glad I was able to give you an idea Zoe.

So would you still charge the same if you were doing parties and had about 10 tans to do.

For a tanning party I charge my cheaper rate and I give the hostess her tan for free, but I insist on at least 8 paying clients.

£15.00 - £25.00 is the going rate down here too - not sure about top ups though as not many places here offer that service! A good Idea though!x

thanks to you all for your feed back

Caroline

pellant said:
Please could all you tanning experts, just give me some advice on how to charge for this. I was going to do £20.00 and then £12.50 top up. What do you think?

could someone explain how a top up works? xx

I charge 20 for a tan the rate round here varies the most I have heard is 35 which is rediculous. I have gained many clients as the cost is reasonable and they can afford it more often for the price. I have told clients that my prices will increase with the tax year and also with the increase in the cost of solution which they all understand.
A top up is like a touch up in the areas where you need it and a light spraying to even the colour. It wears on some people in specific areas such as inside of elbows and face.

oh right! i get it now!!! xx

Latest posts

Back