Charges?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelajane

Reaction score
some may think this is a silly question but i dont no, do you charge the same for a rebalance as infills, i have my infill charge which is £15.00 but havent yet done rebalance and wasnt sure, i have this tomorrow and wondered what to charge. Soz if its a stupid question.:o

What do you think the difference is between an infill and a rebalance?

To me they are the same thing - you take some length off the nail and move the apex back to the correct place (rebalancing the nail) and the add product to zone 3 (infill) to make the nails look like a nice new set.

So to me an infill or rebalance is the same service just called a different thing and are also called a backfill or a maintainance appointment.

I thought the diffrence was a two week infill would only need zone 3 maintained as say a 4 week maintenance where i would need to totally rebalance the nail and put a new smile line in place.

Well if you feel that a 4th week appointment will mean more work and products then you would be within your rights to charge more but clients might question why it's more expensive so be prepared to explain the difference in the appointments.

I rebalance the nail at all appointments as I find the nails have more chance of breakage if it's not done but that's me lol. I don't feel the need to redo the smile line until 4th week appointment but I don't charge more for that as it's just part of the service.

My clients pay the same price for all maintainance appointments as there isn't that much difference in the work I do for a 2nd week or a 4th week appointment.

i thought a rebalance was when the whites were filed away and re-done. this is done every 2-3 visit. Infils are done every 2-3 weeks.

Thats what i thought Marion, all i wanted to no was if there was a diffrence in price, as i have only started and now clients are calling me back for maintenance i was not sure as i would have been using more product when filing down the white and applying a new smile line (rebalance) instead of a tidy up and applying product to zone 3 as in infills.

Thats what i thought Marion, all i wanted to no was if there was a diffrence in price, as i have only started and now clients are calling me back for maintenance i was not sure as i would have been using more product when filing down the white and applying a new smile line (rebalance) instead of a tidy up and applying product to zone 3 as in infills.

I charge half more than a infil, eg says ur full set is 30, then infil is 15, therefore rebalance is 20-25

I am interested in this, as I like to do coloured tips, but when my clients come in for infills they decide they don't like the colour and so I have to file it all off and do another colour, which for me takes as long as a new set, what do I do in this situation?

Do I advise the clients that if they want a change a colour it will cost more as their appointment really was just for replacement of product in zone 3?

if your colored acrylic (or gel) costs more than your clear, or if it's custom made, then yes charge more! Also take into consideration you are recreating a smile line each time. If it takes you just as long as a new set, you should probably charge the same or close as you would for a new set.

Latest posts

Back