Charging family?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boybeauty

Reaction score
do you also charge family i don't charge my mum but she always hides the money for me to find but some family I feel get a little shock when they realise I'm not giving them free treatments

[emoji23][emoji23] my mum does the exact same thing!! X

I have a set price I charge them and give them free treatments like Olaplex- in return I get them to do good pics and videos for my social media

This is where a receipt printer comes in handy! A piece of paper showing a lovely 10% ‘friends and family’ discount. I do know other therapists that discount more, but you are running a business (I don’t charge my mum or my nana though ;)).

I give family 20% off treatments and retail.
Friends pay full price.
I also write the discount on their receipt

do you also charge family i don't charge my mum but she always hides the money for me to find but some family I feel get a little shock when they realise I'm not giving them free treatments

Hey

So i made my family and friends a seperate price list on vista print using a discount code id got from purchasing my business cards from that site.

I gave a good discount just charged enough for my time and to replace used products and in the exchange they would take pics and post on social media.

It worked fine and came across more official giving out a price list if they asked if i could do a treatment for them.

At the most you still need to replace products and the money to do that has to come from somewhere lol

So i agree with charge but dont charge too much lol

I’ve also seen the discount dependent on when the service is given.

For example, if your family/friend wants a peak time slot, then no discount. It really is costing you lost income in these times as you could have filled the slot.

However if your Mum comes in at a usually quiet time, then given a discount (or free) as the slot would most likeky have remained free.

I don't give a fee discount for family or friends because I only work in the evenings as I also have a full time job. The spots I have are limited so why should I make less to treat a family member or friend when a stranger can have that time slot and pay full price? I do however do value added services for free, like a mini cuticle oil, hand massage or nail art. At this point all I do is friends nails and no one has ever mentioned the price to me and I see them all every 2 to 3 weeks.

I dont charge my mam (she does a hell of alot for me). My 2 grandmas pay me to cover my costs. Luckily my Auntie is a hairdresser so i dont get all the family to do

Tbh, any true friend or good family member will want to pay you in full to support you in your business venture. Yes mum and dad have freebies, heaven knows what they went through bringing you up

No matter what business you are in, it's amassing on how many friends or relatives suddenly appear out of nowhere when they hear you offer a service they need (for cheap)

We rent out a house, one realitve enquired to see if we could "lend it to them for 12 months, in return for doing some decorating, both of them had full time jobs....

Latest posts

Back