Charity Evening Essex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail_star2003

Reaction score
Hi Girls / Guys,

I'm thinking (very early days) about putting together a charity evening locally to me (think Lakeside, Essex) and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in helping me.

I haven't looked into it too much as yet and I don't even know if the figures will add up and if any technicians would want paying for the evening or if they would be happy for it all to go to charity but I thought I'd ask. I also thought that it would be great advertising for us if we had techs from slightly different areas. We could promote what to look for in reputable salons etc.

So, I know it's extremely sketchy, but I would like to know if any of you would be interested and also if any of you have any great ideas. I've posted this in chit-chat because I feel that it could go across all 3 forums.

sounds like a good idea to me!
would you be holding the event at lakeside?

God no!!! They'd charge me a fortune!!! I was actually thinking about the Thurrock Hotel which is about 2 mins from Lakeside as I know that they've had Pamper Evenings in the past. I've got to find out how much they'd charge for say 3 hours but the idea that I had was to sell tickets say for about £10 each and then any treatments they have would be at a mega reduced priced.

Obviously, if they're paying for a ticket then at least we know how many people will turn up and if they don't turn up then at least we got their ticket fee. But if they do, they're not going to want to spend loads as they've already bought their ticket so I thought somewhere between the two.

I do think that the techs etc. would need to take a nominal fee just to cover some products but obviously the more money we can make the better!!

What do you think? Have you got any other ideas?

Oh, and I forgot, I'm also going to ask local businesses to donate stuff such as tea and coffee and maybe have a raffle and ask if they could donate some prizes etc.

I have actually moved this to The Nail Geek Forum so please take a look there as I have updated some of the details. Many thanks. :)

This sounds very good, I may be able to get involved with something, keep me posted. pls

H

I'll be interested so keep me posted. I live near Lakeside. xxx

I would be interested to so can I be kept up to date with developments too? Thanks xx

hello is there any updates on this,

All the best, Heidi

xxxxxxxx

Hi Girls

No update as yet I'm afraid. I am still looking into things though but you know what it's like with kids, christmas etc!! :irked: I will post as soon as there is any developments.

Latest posts

Back