Charity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeloo

Reaction score
As part of my advertising efforts, as well as wanting to do something nice, I contacted one of the cancer charities offering to donate a percentage of my profits in October. I thought about maybe having a special 'pink' treatment only offered in October that I could then donate 100% of the profits from. I explained that I was a small business, only just starting up and so couldn't afford a big donation.

Two weeks later, I have received a reply inviting me to apply to donate and stating that I need to donate a minimum of £5000 per year. Also, I am not allowed to use any of the charity's branding or logo.

Jeepers! :eek: If that's a small donation, I'd hate to think what a large one is! Sticking to small, local charity now I think....

I think things like this put people off from donating. It's a shame.

Not the same but similar I offered to do blowaves for the elderly in a care home on a Sunday. I was told I couldn't for health and safety reasons.

X

Not the same but similar I offered to do blowaves for the elderly in a care home on a Sunday. I was told I couldn't for health and safety reasons

Ooh, that makes me so mad when I think about how much the residents would have loved that!

I think that a lot of 'can't do it for Health and Safety' reasons are used by people who are just too lazy to expend the minimal effort to organise something. There's actually a newsletter published by the Health and Safety Executive (I read some boring stuff,eh?) where they pick apart some of the common or 'famous' excuses and show how it wasn't actually anything to do with Health & Safety at all...

Ooh, that makes me so mad when I think about how much the residents would have loved that!

I think that a lot of 'can't do it for Health and Safety' reasons are used by people who are just too lazy to expend the minimal effort to organise something. There's actually a newsletter published by the Health and Safety Executive (I read some boring stuff,eh?) where they pick apart some of the common or 'famous' excuses and show how it wasn't actually anything to do with Health & Safety at all...

Yeah I have to agree to be fair I have been known to do it myself when colouring someone's hair! It's an easy way out without arguments!!!

X

Latest posts

Back