Childcare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

relax

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to see what u all thought, i am finding it very hard to replace my babysitter and i was thinking off just working evenings as my husband would be home to look after the children. What do you all think or are any of you doing this at the minute?? X

I do this and it works out fine, I occasionally take my little one with me during the day but usually only to clients who are real regulars know my situation and usually they have kids themselves.

I do tend to only go out 2-3 nights a week otherwise me and my other half would never see eachother, but I suppose this depends on how much you need to earn

Yeah i do this as well when Im struggling with child care, my lil one is going to nursery a bit more now, but before I would just try to fit all my appointments in as close to each other as comfortably possible, so that I could get them done all in one or two evenings. x

When I first started out and my children were young I used to just work evenings and Saturdays as that was when my hubby was around to look after them. As they got older, went to school etc I started to work school hours too. It can be tiring when you've been on your feet with your littlies all day but I used to love becoming a grown up and seeing clients in the evening. Hope it works for you.

Mine all went to nursery a couple of mornings a week. I looked at childminders but nursery suited me better. If the childminders sick or stops childminding for whatever reason, then I would be letting clients down or trying to get friends and family to look after them. So I work Monday & Tuesday mornings, Monday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons. My husband works really long hours and some weekends so it was better for me to try and get as much work done in the mornings. It works for us but nursery's aren't for everybody. My little boy, he's 2, and he gets upset when mummy leaves him in but within 5 minutes he's tearing round the place like a mad man, lol. Just do what is best for you and your family at this time. Time passes so quickly and then you'll be able to work more hours.

Works for me just to work evenings. I have three little ones and have only on the odd occasion needed to find a friend/family member to step in while I see a client in the day.

I have found most people want my service in an evening anyway, I rarely get requests for the day but I think this is down to the fact that I only offer spray tanning as a service and find a lot of people would rather get into their pjs straight after and sleep in their tan x

Latest posts

Back