Children not covered on my insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
I work from home and sometimes have parents bring their children with them to their nail appointments. I have just updated my public liability insurance and have been told that it does not cover the children who come
with their parents.
Do I send a text out to my clients explaining this? Not really too sure how to go about it

Go for it. That's a nice easy way to tell clients to stop bringing extra people to their appointments, children and friends included.

My insurance says this also and I just inform clients to not bring there little ones along with them.

I have a no children policy on my website due to health and safety

I took out my insurance today and queried this as I had already seen this post. They told me that I would be covered as long as the child was always supervised by the parent, they advised that maybe I should produce a disclaimer for the parent to sign to say that any if they have a child with them then they are their responsibility. They also said to maybe have a disclaimer on the wall stating the sane think. Sort of like in car parks....owners responsibility. I would really encourage children to attend but as a mum myself I realise that there are sometimes when you have no other choice x

Good grief, that's very poor advice from your insurer about disclaimers as they have no legal standing in English law if someone suffers harm in your salon (or home salon).

If anything, they add strength to the other party's case because you're effectively admitting that there is increased risk of harm to children by virtue of them being in the salon.

Any personal injury lawyer will confirm this.

[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] I did wonder if it sounded a bit dodge!!

Where are the best places to go for insurance? This was professional beauty direct x

"Children not covered on my insurance"............Result!:p

Latest posts

Back