Children's pamper parties for boys?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondDivasBea

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wanting some advice. I currently do pamper parties for girls which are very successful. I offer a range of services and love doing them.
Thing is, I offer a package called Tiny tots Princess and Pirates party for boys and girls from 3 years old and I have only done one of these which included dress up, face paints and make a mask. I didn't really enjoy it and felt it didn't go down well with the boys. I don't know if this was just those boys or if it was my service but I haven't advertised or booked this package since, I even have it on a separate page on my website and don't refer to it!

I was wondering if anyone does this kind of thing and has any advice on what I can do to make it more entertaining for the boys so that I can get my confidence back in this area. Thanks in advance geeks! X

Probably be classed as being sexist lol but I'd never even considered boys... I think that what you did, sounds like a good idea my only question would be if it was a little young? I don't know how old the boys you catered for were, though any older than 5 maybe it just wasn't their thing? I've noticed (from cousins and friends children) that boys are seem to be more "categorised" by age, whereas polish and princesses appeal to girls whenever. Perhaps the pirates theme would be better for the younger ones and you followed on to super heroes or something for the older ones, if it's a subject they're more interested in, it may go down better. Just a suggestion, hope you can crack it! Xx

Thanks for the response. I can't remember their age exactly but I don't think they were older than five.

I was asked to do a party for boys and girls which is why I created a package. I think boys do like to go along to these things if its not just catered for girls ie 'princess party' ect, but I don't think they would want one for their own birthday. I have just been asked to do another party for 20 ish kids boys and girls so I was wanting some advice to redesign my package.

The super heroe part sounds good thanks. Maybe I should do it again anyway as like I say I've only done it once before. I remember doing my first princess party and that was stressful, nothin like the ones I do now :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394091859.134869.jpg

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Boys are always difficult , what about ; temp tattoos ?

Latest posts

Back