Chip and Pin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodacious

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered problems with this yet??

I have just had my new terminal to upgrade to the new system and am not happy about it. I have hell of a job remembering numbers and allready dont know my pin number, mainly as I dont use cashpoints ect so havnt needed to know it?

So I am worried about what if a customer cant remember their number?

It sounds like a childrens book doesn't it!

You can bypass the system and the client signs as usual - no doubt this will be phased out eventually. We have two terminals at present with no reported problems - give Streamline a ring to see if you need a software update.

Cathy

Bodacious said:
Has anyone encountered problems with this yet??

I have just had my new terminal to upgrade to the new system and am not happy about it. I have hell of a job remembering numbers and allready dont know my pin number, mainly as I dont use cashpoints ect so havnt needed to know it?

So I am worried about what if a customer cant remember their number?

No problems with mine (yet LOL), got my upgrade this month, but there is an override facility in place so you shouldn't have any problems. I'm like you, up to now I haven't used a cash point much so now I have 3 sets of passwords to remember suddenly LOL. Its like anything new, you'll get used to it, I couldn't function with my cc machine !!

Karen

The overide facility is only in place till the end of the year according to my bank????

They are still working on a solution for mail order transactions.

I have asked them about cost for and internet merchant account which is, £50 set up fee (even though I am an exsiting customer!!!), then £20 a month submission fee and then it's 10p extra on my normal debit card costs and an extra 1% on the credit cards!

more bloody costs just to take credit cards, I looked at world pay but hey are 50p and 4.5% respectivly however the monthly account fee is cheaper.

I know it is meant to be safer and all that but why does it always end up costing more bloody money to the trader! <grumpy kaf icon>

Also out of interest who do you have your terminal with, mines with HSBC

I have managed to negotiate cheaper rates with them due to loyalty, however I have heard tht if you join the shops and stores association they can get you a good rate as well?

Anybody changed recently due to a better deal?

Bodacious said:
Also out of interest who do you have your terminal with, mines with HSBC

I have managed to negotiate cheaper rates with them due to loyalty, however I have heard tht if you join the shops and stores association they can get you a good rate as well?

Anybody changed recently due to a better deal?

I was just going to say have you tried to negotiate for a cheaper rate, I did this last year & I was astonished at how much they reduced my rates by. Didn't know it was as easy as just asking LOL. I am going to do the same again soon as they told me to contact them this August for another review.
I am with HSBC too & I was offered a better deal last year with Streamline but HSBC came thru for me so I stayed with them.

Well I have just been speaking to the BSSA and if I take out membership with them my rates including bank charges will drop! Last month if I had been a member with them I would have saved £31.89 if you take into account the monthly membership it would still be a saving of £20.23 on bank charges!

They have rates of
1.4% on credit cards
.135p on debit cards
terminal rental only £10

plus I would have saved on the normal bank charges of only 20p per cheques paid out and 5p for automated credits!

So I joined! so roll in the saving's next month! Anything to stop the banks from getting my hard earned moooola!

Latest posts

Back