Chocolate brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lis2015

Reaction score
Hi help please 😊
I have previously asked about changing my hair, I was using 66/00 6/37 to cover my resistant grey hair. I would say it's probably over 80% grey now.
But it was looking very dark and flat. As recommended in a previous post I tried colour touch 66/07 with 4%, which did seem to look better but I need more coverage with my grey.
I was thinking of using a colour reducer to remove as much of the colour as possible, and start again as I would like the colour to be warmer more of a chocolate brown. I have attached photos to achieve something similar.
Any recommendations please as after I have applied the colour reducer, I would need to apply a colour 2 shades lighter as the hair will be porous. Thank you 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201108_094422_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201108_094422_com.android.chrome.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 87
Just to clarify...are you now using a permanent on the roots and the CT on the rest as a colour refresh?

Over time, overlapping permanent colour will cause build up and the colour to look dull so I think your decision to use a colour reducer to remove the excess build up, is a good one.

Using a tint 2 shades lighter than your target colour is recommended because some of the permanent colour molecules in the hair will re-oxidise and turn back to brown but until you’ve completed the removal process, it’s hard to guess exactly what you will be colouring over. You may need to add more copper to your formula to keep it bright.

I like 7/43 in Illumina bearing in mind that Illumina offers a more translucent coverage. I prefer using this on my older clients as I find it looks good against more mature skin tones.

If you’re doing this yourself at home, I’d try a few strand tests with different formulas to check the coverage and tones against your skin before making a final decision.

Have you thought about trying a mailbu c cleanse instead? This is far less complicated and it removes build up, free radicals and Andy barriers on the hair that make it look dull - it also prepares the hair for a colour application.
My go to chocolates would be kp 5/37 or 6/77
Obviously becauese of the coverage you need I'd use 5/0 + 6/77 with 6% for your roots and then just 6/77 with 6% on the mid-lengths and ends.

Just to clarify...are you now using a permanent on the roots and the CT on the rest as a colour refresh?

Over time, overlapping permanent colour will cause build up and the colour to look dull so I think your decision to use a colour reducer to remove the excess build up, is a good one.

Using a tint 2 shades lighter than your target colour is recommended because some of the permanent colour molecules in the hair will re-oxidise and turn back to brown but until you’ve completed the removal process, it’s hard to guess exactly what you will be colouring over. You may need to add more copper to your formula to keep it bright.

I like 7/43 in Illumina bearing in mind that Illumina offers a more translucent coverage. I prefer using this on my older clients as I find it looks good against more mature skin tones.

If you’re doing this yourself at home, I’d try a few strand tests with different formulas to check the coverage and tones against your skin before making a final decision.
I was using 66/00 6/37 koleston, but just looked very dark and flat. So I tried colour touch 66/07 but my grey seems to be of a higher percentage now. So permanent would be better.
Great thank you for for the advice appreciate it

Have you thought about trying a mailbu c cleanse instead? This is far less complicated and it removes build up, free radicals and Andy barriers on the hair that make it look dull - it also prepares the hair for a colour application.
My go to chocolates would be kp 5/37 or 6/77
Obviously becauese of the coverage you need I'd use 5/0 + 6/77 with 6% for your roots and then just 6/77 with 6% on the mid-lengths and ends.
Hi no I havent heard of malibu c cleanse. Where is the best place to purchase it from? Would it help to remove some if the colour? As my hair does look a very dark black almost black 🙈. I will attach a photo of the current colour.

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_161314.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
Hi no I havent heard of malibu c cleanse. Where is the best place to purchase it from? Would it help to remove some if the colour? As my hair does look a very dark black almost black 🙈. I will attach a photo of the current colour.
Ahh okay, yeah scrap that, I probably would use a colour remover. Or you can do a blondor cleanse. You mix 1 part blondor with 4 parts pastel and saturate the hair, leave for around 20mins and this should bring out that dark colour.

Ahh okay, yeah scrap that, I probably would use a colour remover. Or you can do a blondor cleanse. You mix 1 part blondor with 4 parts pastel and saturate the hair, leave for around 20mins and this should bring out that dark colour.
OK amazing thank you! If I was to use a colour remover, do you recommend any particular brands?
Once I had done the colour removal, would it be to put another colour on straight away? Like the ones you have suggested? Thank you

OK amazing thank you! If I was to use a colour remover, do you recommend any particular brands?
Once I had done the colour removal, would it be to put another colour on straight away? Like the ones you have suggested? Thank you
I always recommend affinage Eraser or NXT colour remover. If you're using a colour remover that requires you to use a permanent tint 2 shades lighter then I'd opt for 7/37 or 7/7 instead as the 5/37 or 6/77 will turn out much darker and leave with a very dense colour again.

I always recommend affinage Eraser or NXT colour remover. If you're using a colour remover that requires you to use a permanent tint 2 shades lighter then I'd opt for 7/37 or 7/7 instead as the 5/37 or 6/77 will turn out much darker and leave with a very dense colour again.
OK amazing thank you, sorry just one more question 🙈. Which do you think I would be better doing the blondor cleanse or colour remover? Thank you 😊

OK amazing thank you, sorry just one more question 🙈. Which do you think I would be better doing the blondor cleanse or colour remover? Thank you 😊
If you already have blondor do a strand test, this might be a good option as that way you can use the shade you want and know it'll be pretty much how you want it :)

If you already have blondor do a strand test, this might be a good option as that way you can use the shade you want and know it'll be pretty much how you want it :)
Great thanks very much for the advice appreciate it

Latest posts

Back